Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 2: Apprentice

Re: O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

[ Edited ]

I’m still getting SMS text messaging problems but it don’t seem as bad as it was yesterday and this morning.

Maybe things are now slowly starting to get fully back to normal service.

Darren

Topics: 667

@Shergar wrote:

The independent 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/o2-down-compensation-free-credit-refu...

Ok thanks for that. Think I'll wait till it's confirmed though. The Admin on here haven't posted anything official yet...

*The Game Is On*

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

@Jo1 wrote:
@welshsteve76my husband is a contractor in building trade. There were 4 contractors trying to contact him yest and as a result he lost one contract. This has obviously had a direct result on our household income and it’s SE people who have been affected more so due to loosing money on their income, o2 hold all these form of details so should start with the higher paid tariffs because people paying for those kind of services are doing so for business reasons and as a direct result are loosing out, however I believe every customer should be compensated because they are all in a contract and have lost services they are paying for.

Absolutely.  Everyone is entitled to compensation ultimately, however little.  Make sure your husband puts this together in his claim because this could mean a significant payout for him if it can be proven that not being able to receive a call cost him the business.

Thanks

Steve
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

We’re very sorry about yesterday’s data issue. We understand how important it is to stay connected, especially at this time of year. 

We will be in touch with our customers shortly to share: 
• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 

We’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. We’re doing all we can to make sure this issue doesn’t happen again 

Community highlights:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Instant Winners is back! - Enter the weekly prize draw every Friday!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 20: Radiant

Total max refund per consumer on PAYM - £2.00
--

Samsung S10 128Gb, OnePlus 7 Pro, BlackBerry Key2, Note 8, Nokia 8110 (New), iPad Pro

Im just an IT Geek, into all things Messaging and Collaboration, and Mobile and Hardware :-)

My desk is a cross between Microsoft and PC World

I DONT WORK FOR O2 but am a G33K
Level 2: Apprentice

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Shergar wrote:

The independent 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/o2-down-compensation-free-credit-refu...

Ok thanks for that. Think I'll wait till it's confirmed though. The Admin on here haven't posted anything official yet...

On BBC now.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46481797

Topics: 667

@Shergar wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Shergar wrote:

The independent 

On BBC now.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46481797

Looks official then thumbsup

*The Game Is On*

Level 40: Notorious

Have you read the link?
No mention of what the compensation actually will be.
Direct lift from the report:
"O2 has repeatedly apologised for the problems, though it has not offered any specific information about giving people refunds."
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Level 1: Joiner

Hmm booted outa my own question ha! Bloody charming, anyhoo since I'm here. Missed a delivery I was absolutely desperate for n now I have to pay a bloody fee! My sitter was sick and couldn't call or txt to say and. Yes there's more,I missed work because of this mess(I'm on call btw) unreal! O2 actually txt me just before we all had problems telling me what my bill was for Dec..Hmm didn't have any problems there did you o2!! I'm rajin Smiley SadSmiley Sad
Level 40: Notorious

Apologies @Shergar - the Indy page had nothing on it, then the page refreshed (after posting!) and @EmilieT had posted to reflect what you said...
I'll get back under my rock for now then...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band