Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I’m still getting SMS text messaging problems but it don’t seem as bad as it was yesterday and this morning.

Maybe things are now slowly starting to get fully back to normal service.

Darren

Message 561 of 715

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Shergar wrote:

The independent 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/o2-down-compensation-free-credit-refu...

Ok thanks for that. Think I'll wait till it's confirmed though. The Admin on here haven't posted anything official yet...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 562 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Jo1 wrote:
@welshsteve76my husband is a contractor in building trade. There were 4 contractors trying to contact him yest and as a result he lost one contract. This has obviously had a direct result on our household income and it’s SE people who have been affected more so due to loosing money on their income, o2 hold all these form of details so should start with the higher paid tariffs because people paying for those kind of services are doing so for business reasons and as a direct result are loosing out, however I believe every customer should be compensated because they are all in a contract and have lost services they are paying for.

Absolutely.  Everyone is entitled to compensation ultimately, however little.  Make sure your husband puts this together in his claim because this could mean a significant payout for him if it can be proven that not being able to receive a call cost him the business.

Thanks

Steve
Message 563 of 715

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

We’re very sorry about yesterday’s data issue. We understand how important it is to stay connected, especially at this time of year. 

We will be in touch with our customers shortly to share: 
• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 

We’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. We’re doing all we can to make sure this issue doesn’t happen again 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 564 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Total max refund per consumer on PAYM - £2.00
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 565 of 715

Shergar
Level 3: Thinker
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Shergar wrote:

The independent 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/o2-down-compensation-free-credit-refu...

Ok thanks for that. Think I'll wait till it's confirmed though. The Admin on here haven't posted anything official yet...

On BBC now.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46481797

Message 566 of 715

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Shergar wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Shergar wrote:

The independent 

On BBC now.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46481797

Looks official then thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 567 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you read the link?
No mention of what the compensation actually will be.
Direct lift from the report:
"O2 has repeatedly apologised for the problems, though it has not offered any specific information about giving people refunds."

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 568 of 715

Denise100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hmm booted outa my own question ha! Bloody charming, anyhoo since I'm here. Missed a delivery I was absolutely desperate for n now I have to pay a bloody fee! My sitter was sick and couldn't call or txt to say and. Yes there's more,I missed work because of this mess(I'm on call btw) unreal! O2 actually txt me just before we all had problems telling me what my bill was for Dec..Hmm didn't have any problems there did you o2!! I'm rajin :(:(
Message 569 of 715

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Apologies @Shergar - the Indy page had nothing on it, then the page refreshed (after posting!) and @EmilieT had posted to reflect what you said...
I'll get back under my rock for now then...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 570 of 715