Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
FYI, the status check page is not loading @EmilieT.
Would imagine it is being flooded by people checking it...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 715

surfsquid
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's not just data, it's now calls and texts too, as of 8am (ish)

Message 3 of 715

Simon_J_Wilson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning Emilie,

Not just data affected. Text & general network coverage also now affected.

Bad day to want to use your mobile ...

Message 4 of 715

moonlisa16
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi i have no data or service coverage at all... since 600am this morning and now its nearly 9am its an outrage!!!!

Not happy.... my father is old and poorly and i phone and text him every morning and throughout the day.. i am at work from 8,30 to 5,30 and cant get in touch with him. my bill is paid so what is the problem.... are we having our money back for the hrs the network is down!!!!! 

Not a happy customer aat all 

Message 5 of 715

NicNacMS
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emilie,

I think this issue has been bubbling away in teh background for some weeks and O2 have done nothing to prepare for it.  Several weeks ago I ran out of data and despite trying to purchase more data (myself and more than a dozen O2 staff members) it was impossible to get more data.  Now this.

What on earth is going on with you guys.  Totally losing faith with O2 given all of the down time I've had to endure recently - not being able to use ones phone when you're paying to do so is not great service I'm sure you'll agree.

And as someone else has also stated the service status update page just doesn't load.  Seems there's not much O2 can get right this morning.  Little wonder your Live Chat is down this morning.

Message 6 of 715

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Wouldn't it make more sense for o2 to text users about this issue? Putting a message on their website is abit pointless if you cant access the net.

Friend works for o2 and getting loads of calls this morning as nobody knows the issue as they cant get online to check
Message 7 of 715

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143183 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Mine's just come back on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 715

LH
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 STOP SAYING PHONE CALLS AR OK, THEY ARE NOT.   It is not just data that is not working.  I cannot make calls or send texts.  This also happened to me on Tuesday, I had no service.  Managed to reset phone by changing data preference to 3g, turned phone off and then back on and service returned - then reset data preference back to 4g.  This has not worked today.  I can make calls if I am connected to my home wifi but if phone is set to mobile data I CANNOT MAKE CALLS, neither can my husband.

Message 9 of 715

Ladylu505
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@LH how do you change preferences to 3G? I might try it to see if it's an improvement for me.
Message 10 of 715