Welcome to O2!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

NewO2.png

Hello everyone,

We'd like to officially welcome to you to the O2 network! If you're a new customer or have returned to O2 after a few years with a different network provider there is a lot if information to digest so we've put together this handy welcome topic which will give you all the information you need to get started and start enjoying the benefits of being an O2 customer. 

FAQBanner.gif

What is my mobile number? 

This one might seem obvious but finding out your new mobile number can be confusing but don't worry as there are several ways to find out what your new number is. Guide: How do I find my own mobile number? 

How to I keep my previous number? 

Whether you're upgrading or joining us from another network if you wish to keep your existing phone number check out the steps in this guide. Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Do I need a new sim card? 

Depending on the make and model of your handset you might need a new sim card. Check here for all the details you'll need to get a new sim have have your account linked to that new sim. Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

What is O2 Refresh and a Custom plan?

Let us guide you through our innovative, game changing device plans – its not all about the shiny device in your hand. Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

My first bill seems to be more than I expected?

Depending on when you opened your contract you could have prorated charges you can find more information here 

I have my new phone. How do I recycle my old one?

We can help you with that with our recycling options. Check out All you need to know about O2 Recycle

What are the benefits of being with O2? 

Being an O2 customer gives you access to many perks including but not limited to a fantastic roaming experience. O2 Priority tickets, offers and discounts. O2 extras and many more benefits. For more information check out this topic. If you're also a Virgin Media customer you will have access to Volt which provides exclusive benefits for being a customer of both O2 and Virgin Media. 

If you still have questions then have a read through our FAQ topic which covers even more information or you you can signup to become a community member and ask your question directly to our experienced community members. For details on joining the community and the benefits of doing so check out this topic

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jghfjkhtfk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I get a VAT breakdown on my invoice

Message 2 of 23

Mick64
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I had an email on 29th March saying my SIM card was on the way, but it isn't here, even though I am being billed.  What can I do ?

Message 3 of 23

VWT25_Neil
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a business account but i’m just a personal user with no business. Is there any way I can change my account to a normal personal account ?

Message 4 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122122 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@VWT25_Neil 

You need to ring Business on 8002.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 23

VWT25_Neil
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 🙂 🤙

Message 6 of 23

Steve_lyt
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Your company is crap. Im leaving you asap

Message 7 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Enlli
Level 64: Magistrate
  • 6135 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1425 Solutions

@Steve_lyt  To help you on your way

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 23

Steve_lyt
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The benifits of o2 are zero, how such a crap company has survived is beggers belief

Message 10 of 23