How-to Guides
Find helpful guides written by the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog Articles

Where is my discount or Extra Data?

We get a number of questions about how discounts and data promotionsare applied to O2 tariffs and why it appears not to be added to the account.In order to help, I've created a small guide.First thing...

24 Comments

SignVideo - Speaking to O2 using British Sign Language

What is SignVideo? If you communicate using British Sign Language (BSL) then contacting companies over the phone can be quite a challenge! There are of course Text Relay services (formerly known as Te...

7 Comments

O2 coverage Maps, via Apps or Websites

One thing that does get asked is regarding coverage and issues. So I thought a few websites would help. O2 own Website for coverage https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker O2 Coverage Faults http://statu...

7 Comments

SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim)

This is just a quick help guide for people who want advice on doing a SIM swap. Do I Need To Swap my SIM?If it's your first contract with O2 then you will be provided with a new SIM card and number wi...

70 Comments

Cruise Liners / Aircraft Charges

I see many posts on here regarding the cost of Cruise Liners or Aircraft charges when using phones. Other posts are, well it was a European Network shown on the bill which should be included etc. Let ...

9 Comments

How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update]

You can find an updated cancellation guide, including the PAC/STAC changes that came into place on 1st July 2019, here. In addition to the "old" methods below, you can now obtain your PAC via a simple...

77 Comments

Lost or Stolen O2 Device? How to Report it

If you have lost or had stolen your O2 device you need to report it to O2 immediately. Firstly it’s worth checking the “find my phone” options. Apple: Find My iPhone Android: Make sure your device can...

27 Comments

O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up

O2 Offer 4 schemes that discount of the airtime portion of your contract: O2 Open is employer based, with certain jobs qualifying for discounts of 15 or 25% depending on tariff (see T&C's FAQ) Friends...

63 Comments

My O2 Pay & Go Guide

The My O2 app is a source of everything O2 that your account is doing at the moment. Even being pay as you go, there is a still a wealth of information available. I’ve taken a look at the Windows Phon...

0 Comments

My O2 - Allowances - Mini Guide

Within the My o2 app there are a number of different sections – Allowances, Bolt Ons and Bills. Here we take a closer look at what the Allowances section shows. See the main My O2 app guide here. Allo...

0 Comments

My O2 - Bills section - Mini Guide

Once you have opened the MyO2 App you will be presented with a number of sections. In this mini guide we will be looking at the "Bill" section. Tap on "Latest Airtime Bill" which opens a new screen wi...

6 Comments

My O2 - Bolt-ons - Mini Guide

@gmarkj has created a guide to the My O2 app, and I've been asked to cover the Bolt-ons section within the app. If you are new to O2, then you need to know that a Bolt-on is an extra, either free or p...

5 Comments

My O2 - Website Guide

You can use the below links to jump to the different sections of this guide. About My O2 (Browse My O2) Signing in to My O2 (Sign in or register) Account Summary Page (Manage my details) Latest Airtim...

4 Comments

Your guide on how to use O2 Travel

This service allows you to stay connected on with your friends & family while you are abroad using your mobile for £4.99 a day. You can call, text & browse the Internet with O2 travel. Please note tha...

0 Comments

Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it.

Hopefully this guide will help with understanding why sometimes you may inadvertently send an MMS (chargeable) instead of an SMS (usually free from allowances). First we need to understand the differe...

28 Comments

Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card.

Please note: all new O2 devices are sold unlocked, so you just need to test a different SIM in the phone before you request unlocking. If it is indeed locked, then you can follow the rest of this guid...

186 Comments

How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page?

If you want/need to, it is possible to download your bills - either so you have a record, or in case you need to send them off for any reason (such as claiming a cash back offer). However, there are a...

36 Comments

How does O2 Refresh work?

How does the Refresh plan work?Your tariff is split into two plans, the first part is your Device Plan.This is the cost of the device or handset you have chosen, the cost of the phone or tablet will b...

3 Comments

How to Pay Your Bill (Contract)

CONTRACT PHONES *Direct debitThis is the method which is part of O2 terms and conditions when you take out a contract phone and is certainly the most convenient way to pay your monthly bill. Account d...

40 Comments

How can I sort out my network issues?

Things to check before contacting O2: If you haven’t already, check the Network Status Checker (http://status.o2.co.uk) for the exact postcode. If a fault shows on the live status page, O2 will alread...

31 Comments

My O2 App guide

Given the number of updates and new features on the My O2 app, it seemed appropriate to get a new guide to all the different features and functions. Which will no doubt be out of date as soon as it is...

23 Comments

How to use the smart thermostat solution - Tado Review

O2 have partnered with Tado to deliver the smart thermostat solution, this is compatible with most boilers, and comes with 1 smart thermostat, and a connector to link the thermostat to your broadband ...

1 Comments