You can find an updated cancellation guide, including the PAC/STAC changes that came into place on 1st July 2019, here.
In addition to the "old" methods below, you can now obtain your PAC via a simple free text message.
The easiest way text PAC to 65075.
You will then receive a text message containing your PAC code along with details of any termination fees.
The information provided will be as accurate as possible at the time, but may change. You can find more information in our FAQ on what’s included in your estimated remaining charges.
If you have multiple numbers on your account, or if you have an Apple Watch on a Pay Monthly plan, you won’t be able to use the text service. You’ll need to go to My O2 or give us a call to request your PAC code. If you want to switch more than 24 numbers at a time, we’ll be able to help you on the phone or you can make more than one request in MyO2.
Please note that the service only works if you are in the UK.
1. Log into your MyO2. MyO2 sign in
2. Select the number you want to get the PAC code for.
3. Go to "More" in the nav bar at the top of the page, a drop down menu will appear.
4. Click update your personal details
5. At the bottom of this page is a "Thinking of switching from o2" section
6. Press continue on this section and follow the next steps, (may have to turn off your ad blocker). and you should get your PAC code if you have multiple devices through my o2.
More info from O2 can be found here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/switch
If you just want to know what any termination fees might be, text INFO to 85075.
"Old" methods of obtaining an O2 PAC Code.
If you wish to move mobile networks and keep your mobile number, you will need a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) which is normally 9 characters long and in the format "ABC123456").
They are used by UK Mobile Networks to facilitate mobile number portability (MNP).
- Contract customers can call on 202 or request via live chat Chat Now
- Pay as You Go Customers must call 4445. If you don't have any credit, call from a landline or borrowed mobile on 0344 8090222 or 07860 980 202 (no other option to use Chat).
- Your PAC Code is valid for 30 days from the date O2 gave it to you.
- O2 will then let you know whether you have fulfilled your contractual agreement, if applicable.
- Once you have supplied your PAC to your new network your current contract with the O2 will end immediately the port completes and O2 will generate your final bill.
- It is strongly advised that you do not cancel any Direct Debits until your final bill is fully settled.
- Once you have paid your last bill (up to a month after leaving) it will show in your MyO2 as a disconnected account detailing your latest bill with the date paid MyO2
Please note: If you are an Refresh customer remember to pay off your device plan before requesting your PAC.
If you are porting from another Network Mobile Operator to the O2 Network.
Porting your mobile telephone number to the O2 Network is straight forward.
- Ask for a PAC Code from your current Mobile Network Operator and then contact the O2 customer service contact us and they will take care of the rest.
- Your current Mobile service provider will let you know whether you have fulfilled any contractual agreement you may have with them.
- If you are bringing your own handset with you then ensure it is unlocked to accept all network sim cards.
If your handset is locked to your current network then you will need to follow their process to request the unlocking process of your phone.
- O2 will send you a text message on the day of the transfer to keep you up to date with things.
Further detailed Instructions are here Keep your mobile number
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.