Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost or Stolen O2 Device? How to Report it

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

If you have lost or had stolen your O2 device you need to report it to O2 immediately.

Firstly it’s worth checking the “find my phone” options.

If no luck with those options the loss must be reported to O2 within 24 hours. That way, the customer can only be held liable for any charges up to the point of reporting or a maximum liability of £100.

There are various ways to do this and the links are provided below. Just remember to have your account details handy. Here the info required when contacting O2 to report a loss:

• Mobile number –
  • If you want to make an insurance claim, O2 will need a few more bits of information around the incident (explained under the help page). It’s always good to confirm the Handset make and model
  • IMEI isn’t necessary, but helpful if you have it available.

Calling 

(Remember to stay on the line right through to the end of the recorded announcements and options)

The Voice option is only available during normal customer service opening times.

Lost or stolen device
If your device has been lost or stolen. If you're a 360 customer you can now restrict your account/SIM within My O2. This can be done following the below steps ↘️

Login via email OTAC confirmation ➡️ My O2 ➡️ Bars and Diverts.

For Legacy customers and/or to restrict your device you'll need to contact customer services on the numbers mentioned below. You can also contact us via Webchat to get restrictions added.

We can block your device, and send you a new sim with your existing number. If your device has been stolen, you need to let us and the police know within 24 hours. If it's been lost, just let us know within 24 hours. We'll then cap your liability for calls and data to £100, in case there is any unauthorised use of your device.

• If you're a Pay Monthly customer, call us on: 202, 0344 809 0202, or +44 344 809 0202 if you're abroad.
  • If you're a Pay As You Go customer you'll need to call: 0344 809 0222 or +44 344 809 0222 if you're abroad.

NOTE: If you have phone insurance, we'll also help you make a claim and replace your mobile.

Live Chat

Opening times for the Chat channel – 07:00 till 23:00 every day (UK time)

If you wonder what option the do you need to choose from the live chat, choose “Need Help with my O2 Account

You can also find more help and advice ➡️  Lost or stolen device | Help & Support | O2

27 Comments