If you have lost or had stolen your O2 device you need to report it to O2 immediately.
Firstly it’s worth checking the “find my phone” options.
- Apple: Find My iPhone
- Android: Make sure your device can be found
- Windows: How to find a lost Windows device
If no luck with those options the loss must be reported to O2 within 24 hours. That way, the customer can only be held liable for any charges up to the point of reporting or a maximum liability of £100.
There are various ways to do this and the links are provided below. Just remember to have your account details handy. Here the info required when contacting O2 to report a loss:
- Mobile number –
- If you want to make an insurance claim, O2 will need a few more bits of information around the incident (explained under the help page). It’s always good to confirm the Handset make and model
- IMEI isn’t necessary, but helpful if you have it available.
(Remeber to stay on the line right through to the end of the recorded announcements and options)
The Voice option is 24hrs, so if it’s in normal opening times it will go through to CS. If it's outside of these goes to the Out of hour’s team who deal with Lost and Stolen queries.
Lost or stolen device
If your device has been lost or stolen, we're available 24 hours a day to help. We can block your device, and send you a new sim with your existing number. If your device has been stolen, you need to let us and the police know within 24 hours. If it's been lost, just let us know within 24 hours. We'll then cap your liability for calls and data to £100, in case there is any unauthorised use of your device.
- If you're a Pay Monthly customer, call us on: 0344 809 0202, or +44 344 809 0202 if you're abroad.
- If you're a Pay As You Go customer you'll need to call: 0344 809 0222 or +44 344 809 0222 if you're abroad.
NOTE: If you have phone insurance, we'll also help you make a claim and replace your mobile.
Opening times for the Chat channel – 07:00 till 23:00 every day (UK time)
If you wonder what option the do you need to choose from the live chat, choose “Need Help with my O2 Account”
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.