Reviews
Read and leave reviews.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog Articles

Sony Xperia Xz2 compact quick review

Hi all, upgraded a week ago to 4gb refresh 24m. Previously had z5 compact which I loved. I'm no writer but here goes.Xz2c has bigger screen than z5c and barely qualifies as compact. The screen is on a...

3 Comments

Evolution defined: Samsung Galaxy S9+

Review: [ri-vyoo] Review,criticism imply careful examination of something, formulation of a judgment, and statement of the judgment, usually in written form. A review is a survey over a whole subject ...

26 Comments

LG V30 initial thoughts

So after much deliberation (and consideration of my bank balance) I chose the LG V30 as my next device. Reasons for this: Cost - I don't have a lump sum to put down up front, nor do I want to increase...

11 Comments

iPhone X first impressions

Having used Blackberry 10 OS and also WebOS I see a lot of similarity to the swipe version of iOS on the iPhone X, the swipe up to open or go to home screen and the half swipe up to the app switcher f...

8 Comments

iPhone X Review.

So I wanted to do a different review to the ones on the internet, this is more based on everyday usage and how does it perform. So I was one of the lucky ones to own the iPhone X from the start and go...

13 Comments

LG G6

My initial view on it then. Nice and compact unibody Quite speedy and no noticable lag Current UX experience slows down overall performance on GPU Camera shots aren't as good or well contrasted as my ...

29 Comments

Apple AirPods Review

I haven't done a review in a long while so I thought it was about time I did another. Here we go with an Apple AirPods review. So the Apple AirPods. Lets get the preliminaries out of the way. Specific...

5 Comments

Introducing: Xperia XZ1 & XZ1 Compact

Fresh from IFA in Berlin. Xperia XZ1 Memory and storage4GB RAM 64GB UFS internal memorymicroSDXC support (up to 256GB)SIM capabilityNano SIMOperating SystemGoogle Android™ OreoProcessor (CPU)Qualcomm®...

10 Comments

Xperia XZ Premium: Everything becomes Wow.

It’s simple, isn't it? To write a review every six months, recycling the same kind of blatantly biased opinion on the latest release from X manufacturer. I mean I can quite happily sit here and throw ...

16 Comments

Try The Tech - Sony Xperia XZ

Firstly thanks go to @Martin-O2 for allowing me to try the tech with this device. Secondly let me apologise for lack of images. These are coming, i'm just having phone issues at the moment... Where to...

6 Comments

My New Galaxy S8+

Well I've now had my new S8+ for a few days and had a good play. In a word I find the phone awesome. It looks stunning - glass front and back with shiny metal sides. I chose the orchid grey which is r...

26 Comments

Life on the road - with an Xperia XZ

There are two aspects to my professional life – the contactless media and the media communications. You’ve already read the previous review looking at the contactless side of the Xperia XZ. I didn’t t...

4 Comments

Sony Xperia XZ

It’s been rather quiet here at Chez Doink for a while… no letters, no packages, no witty remarks about how my 3310 has come back into fashion… and yet I still have an original (see, just there). Then,...

7 Comments

OnePlus 3T Review

OnePlus 3T Review So, as many of you guys know, I am (well was) a die hard WinPhan (Windows Phone Fan). But over time I've became board with the lack of applications, and no promise of new handsets ha...

10 Comments

Coming round again: Xperia XZ

I love Novembers,not only do i sit on the 15th of the month and celebrate another digit added to my increasing clock count of life, but i also get a new phone, a flagship and, for the last few years, ...

16 Comments

Huawei Pocket Hotspot Plus -Try the Tech

As many of you know, I sometimes receive a letter. Now, letters are these things before emails and I received such a letter from a Mr Fen-Sing from South Wales. It read as follows:Dear Doink,My childr...

4 Comments

O2 Google Cardboard

Thanks to Martin and the team for allowing me the opportunity to do the try the tech on O2's Google Cardboard. Having tried VR using the Samsung Gear VR I was keen to see how Googles "free" attempt wo...

11 Comments

Pocket Hotspot ZTE MF60

A couple of weeks ago, a package arrived in the post. In the envelope was a packet of sweets, a ZTE MF60 Pocket Hotspot and an O2 VR Viewer. I was expecting one of these items but not the other two. T...

16 Comments

Microsoft Band 2 for golfers

I tested a Band 1 for Try the Tech, and found it a little uncomfortable. When the Microsoft Band 2 was released, I thought long and hard before buying - I haven't worn a watch for 3 years now. The ide...

12 Comments

O2 VR Viewer Review

The bad first... The instructions are next to useless, the pictures are too small, we gave up and just put it together through luck. A QR code perhaps to a YouTube video would be better? There's no ba...

3 Comments

O2 VR Viewer

I need to make this clear. I've never made a pizza box in my life, although I have eaten the contents (entirely without help) on several occassions. I'm not ashamed. Now that the disclaimer is complet...

8 Comments

Microsoft Band 2 Review

Microsoft Band 2 Review By Curr946 As many of you will know, I reviewed a band 1 via Try the Tech some time ago, and I wasn’t overly impressed with its design. See full review here. None the less, I b...

3 Comments

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - Try the Tech

PrologueUnderstand that, if you will, when you have a virus it will knock you for six. I was suffering, a fever at 102.2 (39 degrees celsius to the uneducated, young or without the useful app) and was...

4 Comments

Microsoft Band 1 #trythetech

I joined in the Try-The-Tech (TTT) programme for the 1st time on the latest round of loaned devices. I've been thinking about the possibility of using a smart-watch so opted to try the Microsoft Band....

14 Comments

Moto X T1052 (Ghost) Review

Moto X T1052 (Ghost) Review (Try The Tech) Headline Specs Amoled 4.7-inch Screen 720x12802GB of Ram1.7Ghz Dual Core Processor10 Megapixel Camera16GB Storage2200mAh Battery (non removable)Android KitKa...

3 Comments

Try the tech: Microsoft Band (v1)

O2 have continued on with their excellent Try the Tech program and have provided me with a Microsoft Band (version 1) to try out. It is a well formed, rugged feeling device that has grown more and mor...

7 Comments

Microsoft Lumia 550 Review

In the box Lumia 550 handset Charger Quick Start Instructions Out of the box You get a very thin box with the handset & a charger. No other accessories at all which was slightly disappointing. The pho...

14 Comments

HTC One X

We all know what it's like to get a letter. For some of us, it's excitement. For others, it's curiousity. For me, it's the sign that someone else is in need of help. Yes, I got a letter from a Mr Mart...

1 Comments