• Review Price: £29.99
  • 0.95" touch screen
  • AMOLED display
  • 282 ppi
  • Heart rate monitor
  • SpO2 tracking
  • Water resistant up to 5ATM
  • Up to 14 day battery life

The HONOR Band 5 is a wearable fitness tracking band which is clearly targeting sales of the now famous "Fitbit", but at less than half the price of the cheapest Fitbit and with more features. In fact you need to buy a £90 Fitbit to get the same spec as the Honor band

Out of the box.

Setting up is straightforward.

The band 5 comes with a charging cradle and quick start guide and that's it.

Connect the band to the cradle and place on charge, the band will turn on automatically.

Whilst it is charging, download the Huawei Health app from either Google Play for Android or App Store for iPhone.

Pair the band from within the app and grant the permissions it asks for and that's it, job done in 5 mins.

Features.

Steps - counts the number of steps taken.

Heart rate - self explanatory.

SpO2 - Measures your blood oxygen level.

Sleep tracking - records the various states of sleep, gives you an overall rating and offers advice on how you can improve it.

Workout - choose from various pre set types of activity for walking, running, swimming, cycling etc. Will track distance and heart rate during workout but needs to be pared with your smartphone for GPS features as none are built in to the band 5.

Messages - there is an in built app for all your notifications from your smartphone and a music playback app to control your music remotely.

Watch faces - choose from a number of pre-installed faces or download your own from Play (downloads only available for Android).

Image result for honor band 5

Performance.

Sleep monitoring and step tracking work well, as you would expect.

Cycling and running activity is also well thought out and provides you with useful alerts during your exercise. You can choose to receive alerts for heart rate and various other milestones.

There are also some free training plans included such as plans for ryns from 5k right upto a marathon.

Battery life seems good. I set mine up over 48 hours ago and the battery is at 72% so for my usage it looks like I'll get around 8 days between charges.

Health.jpg

Verdict.

Considering the price (£29.99), the features, the screen (AMOLED), battery life (Honor say 14 days depending on usage) it would be impossible not to recommend this nifty little band.

Honor have redefined the concept of fitness tracking and shown that it is possible to get everything you need for a very reasonable price - take notice Fitbit nerd

It won't replace my smartwatch completely, but it will certainly do a better job of monitoring my sleep and tracking my activity.

If this is your thing, buy one before they realise that it's way too cheap !!!

Get it on O2 here: HONOR-Band-5-now-available-on-O2 

16 Comments