Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi

GDP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't connect to wifi on london underground. The reason is that although I'm now an O2 customer I used to be with Orange and I retained my orange number when I transferred to O2. The LT Virgin Media access portal asks you to select a network - I select O2 of course - and then to inpout you phone number; but it doesnt recognise my phone number as being O2 and so won't give me access. Can you help?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Maybe call customer services to check your number is fully registered.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Maybe call customer services to check your number is fully registered.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Personally, I’d put in Orange as my network if it’s happy to connect me that way 😀When your number registers fully, then try selecting o2 again.
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @GDP, and welcome to the forum slight_smile Once you get a chance to check with Customer Services if you number is fully registered, do come back and let us know if it's all sorted or if you're still having difficulties accessing WiFI!

Thanks for the advice @MI5 and @mahj thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4