cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforcement and Termination notice

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you might or might not be aware, I cancelled my plan under the 14 days cooling off period.

All well and good however I received a letter this morning headed 'Enforcement and Termination notice'.

It then goes on to say that in accordance with clause 17 of your phone plan Credit Agreement, we will terminate your credit agreement on 29th January 2016 and require full early repayment of the outstanding sum.

I then have 14 days to pay the £600 payment upfront or it will be passed to a debt collection agency.

Absolutely astounded and customer services can't seem to work out what's going on either.

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If anyone finds my missing 19, just toss it in the bin 😛

Might lose a few friends on here too.... back to using my old device, that device that has an i in it 😞 haha!

Is that a Huawei @Anonymous ? LOL

Close.... back to the Nokia 3310.

It's even got a game called snake on it. Technology these days! Bouncy

Message 31 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

More hassle this morning unfortunately despite being told all was resolved.

I've received 2 letters ; Default Notices served under Section 87 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - one for the £16.11 airtime and one for the £25 device plan payment.

I've been assured several times now that the account is closed yet this would assume it hasn't been.

This is greatly worrying 😞

Customer Service seem to have no clue.... @Toby can you help?

Message 32 of 62

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'll help you deal with this now that is has gotten to this point, please PM me and we can talk about next steps.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 33 of 62

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Get right on the phone.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 34 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got back on the phone and the advisor confirmed the phone was indeed returned on the 13th January 2016 and that the issue has came from the account being cancelled incorrectly.

Usually when it's cancelled a Consumer Credit Request is raised which zeroes off the bill ; this wasn't done so the account was cancelled with the bill pending. The bill was due the 15th January so I haven't obviously paid this.

I now worry to look at my credit report on the case there is incorrect and wrongly placed defaults on my file.
Message 35 of 62

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If it's wrong, O2 have to correct it by law.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
If it's wrong, O2 have to correct it by law.

That's reassuring to know. I've never ever been in this position before and always pay my bills so it's not something I ever wished to experience.

Message 37 of 62

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
None of us do....
Make sure you check your credit file and get onto cs if you've got a default on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 38 of 62

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Unfortunately you are just an account number on the system that leaves a lot to be desired and the big problem is being someone to actually care enough and who will take responsibility for spring their error out.  Hope @Toby can help you get this resolved. 

Message 39 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Unfortunately you are just an account number on the system that leaves a lot to be desired and the big problem is being someone to actually care enough and who will take responsibility for spring their error out.  Hope @Toby can help you get this resolved. 

The CS advisor I spoke to confirmed the account was now being sent through the proper means to get it cancelled and confirmed the phone has been returned. Spoke to the Complaints department on live chat and also have written confirmation about what the advisor told me on the phone.

Toby is chasing it up too so I thank him for that slight_smile

Message 40 of 62