cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforcement and Termination notice

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you might or might not be aware, I cancelled my plan under the 14 days cooling off period.

All well and good however I received a letter this morning headed 'Enforcement and Termination notice'.

It then goes on to say that in accordance with clause 17 of your phone plan Credit Agreement, we will terminate your credit agreement on 29th January 2016 and require full early repayment of the outstanding sum.

I then have 14 days to pay the £600 payment upfront or it will be passed to a debt collection agency.

Absolutely astounded and customer services can't seem to work out what's going on either.

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Live chat / complaints. Hmmm I wouldn't rely on live chat to register a complaint
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 41 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 wrote:
Live chat / complaints. Hmmm I wouldn't rely on live chat to register a complaint

Was mainly just to have confirmation that the device was returned etc. 

The complaints section did basically confirm the exact same as what the on call advisor told me too.

Message 42 of 62

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Live chat I don't normally recommend but live chat complaints is usually a UK adviser. I've used it before twice when overseas and both times my issue was resolved immediately. 

#justsayin'.....

Message 43 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Live chat I don't normally recommend but live chat complaints is usually a UK adviser. I've used it before twice when overseas and both times my issue was resolved immediately. 

#justsayin'.....

I did find that when speaking to the advisor too, they definitely seemed to look into the account and could give me a more accurate picture rather than the generic "just ignore the letters" that the CS Live chat advisors could say.

Message 44 of 62

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yeah, complaints live chat is different to the offshore cs live chat - usually quite reliable.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly need to update this thread today.
after several calls to CS and the assurance that all was sorted, Ive received a lovely letter today stating I must immediately pay £600 otherwise it will be passed to a debt collection agency.

I am disgusted that this has carried on despite being told its sorted!

I have also recently received a refund from that account alongside a goodwill gesture of £10 for the inconvenience which I did appreciate.

However its now more unncessesary hassle!
Will be back on the phone once I finish work
Message 46 of 62

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Don't spend it all at once wink

Back on the phone if I was you. Have you checked your credit file? Can't remember if we asked that before. And as I'm on mobile it's not practical to dive back the five pages. grin
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 47 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Checked the credit report and there is nothing showing as of yet so it sounds like its just at the threat stage atm.

Just an absolute mess 😞
Message 48 of 62

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Shocking news mate 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 49 of 62

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sorry to hear this. You would expect different departments to comminicate with each other Rolleys

Message 50 of 62