Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice
Accepted Solution

Cancelling a contract

Hello people 👋🏼 My partner is really annoyed with the phone he got (he chose a phone that didn’t cost much monthly and it’s not working out too well) and he’s been offered a better deal with an iPhone from a different company. I know you can pay off your device plan easily but what about actually cancelling the contract? Are you charged for the whole time your airtime has left? He’s on a 24 month contract and is only say 7-8 months in. If anyone has any knowledge in this it would be much appreciated before I phone o2 to find out 😊
Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,423

Re: Cancelling a contract

Hi @LoriMack just pay off the device plan and cancel the airtime for free https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

At worst he will only have a full month to pay and then he can take up the offer from elsewhere. If it's a change of network he will need a PAC from O2 to keep his number.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

Thank you I will give them a phone when he’s decided what he’s doing. I have no idea since I’ve been with o2 for years and never wanted to change
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,423

Best of luck Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)