Obtaining an O2 PAC Code.
If you wish to move mobile networks and keep your mobile number, you will need a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) which is normally 9 characters long and in the format "ABC123456").
They are used by UK Mobile Networks to facilitate mobile number portability (MNP).
To obtain a PAC Code from the O2 Network you must contact customer services. There is currently no option in your MyO2.
- Contract customers can call on 202 or request via live chat Chat Now
- Pay as You Go Customers must call 4445. If you don't have any credit, call fom a landline or borrowed mobile on 0344 8090222 or 07860 980 202 (no other option to use Chat).
- Your PAC Code is valid for 30 days from the date O2 gave it to you.
- O2 will then let you know whether you have fulfilled your contractual agreement, if applicable.
- Once you have supplied your PAC to your new network your current contract with the O2 will end immediately the port completes and O2 will generate your final bill.
- It is strongly advised that you do not cancel any Direct Debits until your final bill is fully settled.
- Once you have paid your last bill (up to a month after leaving) it will show in your MyO2 as a disconnected account detailing your latest bill with the date paid MyO2
Please note: If you are an Refresh customer remember to pay off your device plan before requesting your PAC.
If you are porting from another Network Mobile Operator to the O2 Network.
Porting your mobile telephone number to the O2 Network is straight forward.
- Ask for a PAC Code from your current Mobile Network Operator and then contact the O2 customer service contact us and they will take care of the rest.
- Your current Mobile service provider will let you know whether you have fulfilled any contractual agreement you may have with them.
- If you are bringing your own handset with you then ensure it is unlocked to accept all network sim cards.
If your handset is locked to your current network then you will need to follow their process to request the unlocking process of your phone.
- O2 will send you a text message on the day of the transfer to keep you up to date with things.
Further detailed Instructions are here Keep your mobile number
Contract customers can get a PAC from live chat or by calling 202, but PAYG customers must call on 4445.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.