cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Classic cut off!! (without warning)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody recently been cut off even though used very recently? (no signal, sim unassigned, balance £0 etc.)

I managed to get it back and credit re-established after a couple of calls to C/S.

What gives?? 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

@sonny8 

Dave isnt around till April, so you will have to call o2 on 0344 809 0222 and speak to customer services, as there is no o2 support on this customer to customer community..

As an alternative @sonny8, you can message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

You might find that easier than hanging on the 'phone. 

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 51 of 73

sonny8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All sorted! My grateful thanks to @madasaf1sh and @Oxonian for pointing me in the right direction, and especially to @Dave-O2 who finally got things sorted. Brilliant service.

Thank you.

Message 52 of 73

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Glad it was resolved to your satisfaction @sonny8 ! 👍

Message 53 of 73

Nick_Bradshaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I too have suffered from 2 O2 classic PAYG SIMS being cancelled / cut off recently.

Both had credit and chargeable events in the past 6 months. Can anyone advise how to resolve this please ?

Message 54 of 73

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Nick_Bradshaw 

You need to discuss it with O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 55 of 73

Nick_Bradshaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently in the process of doing that ..... it can be a painful process. The complaint I raised in March had no response. 

Case now raised with resolver and messages sent via Farcebook

Message 56 of 73

lincsat
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the same boat, my Classic PAYG has gone Emergency calls only and incoming calls are met with number not recognised. CS said they would call me back in 10 mins, that was over an hour ago. I've sent a DM to @Dave-O2 hopefully he can sort me like he has for others.

Message 57 of 73

lincsat
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a follow up. CS have now reactivated the SIM but without the credit. I have topped up and the SIM is working again. The CS agent claimed that sending a text does not qualify as a chargeable activity despite being charged for it!

Message 58 of 73

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@lincsat 

Only a phone call counts these days since O2 changed the rules (all designed to get rid of as many legacy accounts as possible) and your credit should be returned in 24 hours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 59 of 73

lincsat
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks mate, the clarification earlier in this thread still states chargeable activity. I do only use this number for texts but will now remember to send a call at least every 6 Months.

@Dave-O2 has been in touch and is chasing the lost credit

Message 60 of 73