cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Classic cut off!! (without warning)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody recently been cut off even though used very recently? (no signal, sim unassigned, balance £0 etc.)

I managed to get it back and credit re-established after a couple of calls to C/S.

What gives?? 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

I tried to make it clear from the start of the thread that only a call is acceptable @lincsat 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 61 of 73

lincsat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was going by this definition

If you don’t top up, add a Bolt On or carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any six month period, your O2 Pay As You Go sim card will be disconnected and you’ll lose any remaining credit on your account.

But I will now make a chargeable call at least every 6 Months - thanks

Message 62 of 73

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12385 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

It is rather confusing that they say any chargeable activity, but then exclude texts from that - when texting carries a charge!

@Dave-O2 I think the help page needs updating to say top up, bolt on or make a call rather than "chargeable activity" if sending a text is not included...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 63 of 73

lincsat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 has now fully sorted my case and got all the missing credit re-applied. Great service - thanks

Message 64 of 73

Nick_Bradshaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why does a person have to top up again to get their credit back if their SIM was wrongly disconnected by O2 ?
Surely O2 can just add the credit that was incorrectly removed back on the SIM's if they have been supplied the SSN.

Message 65 of 73

MI5
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Nick_Bradshaw 

Any credit that was on the sim will be added 24 hours after reconnection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 66 of 73

Nick_Bradshaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately the O2 team I contacted via Farcebook insisted that the credit would only be returned after I topped up, which I reluctantly have now done. 

The numbers were reconnected and accepting calls but had 0 credit after the unwarranted disconnection and credit confiscation. 

Message 67 of 73

MI5
  • 147102 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

Anything to get money out of PAYG customers @Nick_Bradshaw 

Message 68 of 73

Nick_Bradshaw
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yup, I had a similar issue previously and managed to get my numbers recovered without topping up.

However, this time customer service are adamant that a top is required.  

Message 69 of 73

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@Dave-O2 I think the help page needs updating to say top up, bolt on or make a chargeable call rather than "chargeable activity" if sending a text is not included...

"chargeable" call, methinks - in case a free call to the top-up number does not count or 4445... 

And agreed, @gmarkj - it is getting incredibly silly now, almost like the "99.9% of Customers now are fully migeated to 360" excludes the PAYG customers 🤷

Message 70 of 73