Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

DB2018
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Ah, I see. Strange for an iPhone.
Will CEX not offer you any more money?

CEX is actually less, but the idea of the refresh plan was to keep things simple, so having to go elsewhere or shop around is not ideal, when last year I walked in and exchanged in store when doing the upgrade.

Thanks for the advice though!

Message 131 of 461

DB2018
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@SaintRC wrote:

Would a 22-23 month plan on their custom plan get round that?

Not that o2 deserve defending in any sense, they always handle these yearly pre-orders awfully - just trying to help you out.

Still doesn't get around the issue of the £100 upfront and am I right in thinking that if do this early, I have to go onto a custom plan which doesn't offer the yearly upgrade option? 

If I waited I could stay on the refresh program but would be out of sync.

The issue is created by Apple adjusting their release cycle, but thought O2 might want to do something proactive in order to stop customers like me leaving because I could be out of sync with all new releases going forward.

Message 132 of 461

SaintRC
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I understand it, the custom plans work the same way as Refresh in the sense you can still upgrade at any time, by paying off your device plan in the same way. Then you're just tied into the network plan for whatever contract period you choose.

Message 133 of 461

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Not exactly, there is a small surcharge for the device even when you pay the maximum. For example, you pay the maximum it may leave an amount of say 30-50 spread over the length of the chosen contract length.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 134 of 461

Jackmw14
  • 18 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really??? From what I have read the custom plans are still O2 refresh, nothing has changed apart from you can choose it to suit you. I can’t see any termination fees or surcharges just pay of the device plan and upgrade.

Edit: I have just read on the custom plan page there are no termination fees and you can upgrade after paying of the device plan. No mention of any surcharges.

Message 135 of 461

paddymph
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Last time I waited for my 7plus this is the order I got updates through my o2;

In progress
Despatched
Completed.

The despatched appeared a few hours before it arrived.
Message 136 of 461

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
However we will see what happens.
Message 137 of 461

DB2018
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@SaintRC wrote:

As I understand it, the custom plans work the same way as Refresh in the sense you can still upgrade at any time, by paying off your device plan in the same way. Then you're just tied into the network plan for whatever contract period you choose.

There is also the difference that after 12 months on my current refresh plan, I can hand back the device and upgrade without having to pay off the remainder of the handset.

On the custom plan after 12 months, I would have to look at reselling the device and then bridging the shortfall. As far as I can see on the new custom plan the option currently on refresh to hand back the device and upgrade for free doesn’t appear to feature anymore. 

Message 138 of 461

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Surcharges created by not allowing you to pay off the full device cost. I tried with 2 handsets. For example, say I wanted to pay 610 towards a device leaving 36 at 1.50 a month. Does this mean I have to pay the excess to own the device? Then you just have airtime.
Message 139 of 461

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Ok I worked it out. Dealing with other issues earlier. 😁
Message 140 of 461