Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If you know what section you're after, jump straight to it with the links below:

1. Main questions
  2. Discount / Cost / Pricing Info
  3. Upgrade Info
  4. Pre-order / Availability / Order Info
  5. Business Queries/Tariffs
  6. Device & Other Questions

Main Questions

Q. Are you going to be stocking the new iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max?
A. O2 will be ranging the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max with pre-orders beginning on Friday 14 September and launch on Friday 21 September. More details will be released in the coming days on www.o2.co.uk/iphone for consumers, and https://www.o2.co.uk/business/register-for-updates for Business

Q. When will your tariff & pricing details be available for the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max?
A. Full pricing and tariff details will be available once pre-orders begin at 8:01am, Friday 14 September

Q. Are you going to be stocking the iPhone XR?
A. O2 will be ranging the iPhone XR with pre-orders beginning on Friday 19 October and launch on Friday 26 October. More details will be released soon on www.o2.co.uk/iphone for consumers, and www.o2.co.uk/business/register-for-updates for Business

Q. When will your tariff & pricing details be available for iPhone XR?
A. Full pricing and tariff details will be available once pre-orders begin at 8:01am, Friday 19 October

Q. Will you be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4?
A. O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

Discount / Cost / Pricing Info

Q. When will I be able to use my O2 Open or student discount on the new iPhone(s)?
A. Update 19/10: The iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max is now available on O2 Open and Student Discount. The iPhone XR is not yet available on O2 Open or Student Discount. We'll let you know when that changes.

Q. A friend/family member works for you. Can I get my friends & family discount?
A. Yes, you’ll be able to make use of your Friends & Family discount – speak with your friend who works for O2 to get this applied after ordering

Q. Is the new iPhone eligible for family plan discounts?
A. Yes, the new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR will all be available on our Family Plan. More info on Family Plan here.

Q. Why should I stay with or join O2?
A. With the new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR, plus all our device range on Pay Monthly, we put you in control so that you can design a plan to suit your needs. Here’s some top reasons ‘Why O2?’:

More info
  • Choose how much to pay upfront (down to £0 if you’re upgrading with us)
  • Spread the balance for up to 36 months to keep the cost down – or choose as little as three months if you want to pay it off quicker
  • Pick your data allowance to finish building your customised plan. You can even change it up and down every month if that’s your style.
  • From pre-order, we’ll have a range of promotional tariffs to give you even more for your money.
  • And don’t forget, with O2 you also get MyO2, O2 Priority, 48-hour access to the hottest gig tickets before general sale, and more freedom in how/where to buy, and how to get in touch with us should you need to

Upgrade Info

Q. Will you have enough stock for everyone who wants iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR?
A. We expect there to be high demand for the new iPhone’s and recommend customers pre-order as soon as possible to avoid disappointment

Q. I'm wanting to upgrade but want to know all my available options
A. As upgrades are very much account specific and the details can vary from person to person, we'd recommend checking your My O2 app for upgrade options. You can also get in touch with our upgrade team to discuss – just call 202 and select the appropriate options from our IVR menu.

Q. I'm due to upgrade now through Yearly Upgrade Programme. How do I do this?
A. So long as you've seen out at least 12 months of your contract, you can pre-order online or in-store. If pre-ordering online, you must choose the 'Click & Collect' store delivery option. When your new iPhone is ready for collection, you go to the store with your existing device where the store staff will process the upgrade for you.

Q. What if I want to upgrade earlier than my yearly upgrade date?
A. This is possible thanks to the power of O2 Refresh. With O2 Refresh, you can upgrade at any time by simply paying off the remainder of your device plan agreement. You can off-set much or all of this cost by using O2 Recycle to trade-in your existing device.

Q. Are you offering Yearly Upgrade Programme on your tariffs this year?
A. We want to give your more flexibility and control over how long you want your terms to last, so we have launched O2 custom plans this year where you can select a device plan between 3 to 36 months to suit your needs.

Pre-order / Availability / Order Info

Q. I pre-ordered at *date/time*, when will I get my new iPhone?

A. Throughout your pre-order journey we display an expected delivery date. You can see this on the product shop page under the iPhone colour selection drop-down, above the 'Go to basket' button during our custom plans slider selections, and at the final basket/checkout screen. After ordering, we’ll keep you updated on your order as and when there’s progress.

Q. How do I stay up to date on my order?
A. You can keep an eye on your My O2 order status, and we’ll also keep you updated as and when there’s progress with your order

Q. Due to low stock last year my yearly upgrade (YUP) date is after the new iPhone launch date. Can I upgrade before then?

A. So long as you’ve seen out at least 12 months of your term, you will be able to upgrade from Friday 14 September and subject to meeting any other applicable terms of the promotion.

Business Queries/Tariffs

Q. What is the double data offer?
A. You can get 50GB for the price of 25GB or 100GB for the price of 50GB when you buy any Business (on both Small Biz 24 and 36 months contracts) handset tariff, here.

Q. Where can I find out about the 36 months tariffs available to me?
A.
We’re now offering our SOHO Small Biz customers the choice of either a 36 month or 24 month contact.  The new 36 month contract gives our SOHO customers the opportunity to spread costs over a longer period of time, reducing their monthly costs. Shop our deals and tariffs here.

Q. How does the UK to EU calling work, what is the difference to what was offered before?
A.
Calling Europe is now easier as we’re including both minutes and texts in handset and SIMO tariffs (available on handsets 6GB and above and SIMO on the 10GB, 20GB and 30GB).  With ‘Roam Like at Home’ when travelling in Europe and with the new inclusion of UK to EU minutes and texts when doing business from home, you can now work flexibly without concerns about costs, as you grow your businesses internationally. More info here.

Device & Other Questions

Q. Will I be able to unlock the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR?
A. Most of our devices now arrive unlocked, but if you receive a device that is locked you can unlock this free of charge. More unlock info here.

Q. Will it have 4G / Wifi Calling?
A. iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR will all launch with 4G and Wifi calling.

Q. Will dual SIM functionality work on O2?
A. We’re excited for eSIM too, and can’t wait for our customers to use it. As and when any devices go live with eSIM technology on our network, we’ll let everyone know

Q. But you already support eSIM for business?
A. The eSIM mentioned on our business pages is a different technology with the same name, used for IoT. We’re working hard to ensure our customers will be able to use eSIM technology in consumer devices in the first half of 2019.

Message 2 of 461

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png

Just a reminder the iPhone XR goes on pre-order tomorrow morning (Fri 19 October)

If you've been holding out for the iPhone XR, see below for some great reasons/reminders to upgrade to it from an older iPhone.

• It has a larger display (6.1” vs 4.7” for the iPhone 8 or 5.5” for the iPhone 7 Plus)
  • It has a Liquid Retina HD display, the most advanced LCD display in the industry
  • It has an edge-to-edge display, unlike the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 Plus
  • It has improved battery life - an additional 1.5 hours on top of the iPhone 8 Plus
  • It has improved talk time - up to 25 hours vs 14 hours on the iPhone 8
  • It has internet use time - up to 15 hours vs 12 hours on the iPhone 8
  • It can be charged wirelessly unlike the iPhone 7 Plus and earlier models
Remember you can pre-order online, in-store and over the phone. If you pre-order, feel free to let us know on this thread what made you take the plunge, and what feature(s) you're looking forward to most. And when the beauty arrives, we'd love to see your unbox photos.

Message 3 of 461

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Reserved Post

Message 4 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can tell you already what it will be. New iPhones, release dates iOS 12, new iPad & Apple Watch. 

Message 5 of 461

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Already logged in to watch on the iPad lol 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 461

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

3107A7BE-AB1C-4B53-A2AD-99DBC2985779.png

Minimised ready lol 

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 461

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Nice @adamtemp64laughing

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was right Apple Watch series 4 watching on my iPhone 7

Message 9 of 461

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

No support cellular watch 4 on o2 only EE Vodafone

Apple Watch series 4

Message 10 of 461