30-10-2018 10:34 - edited 20-11-2018 12:51
REGISTRATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED. DM ME IF YOU'VE REGISTERED YOUR INTEREST BUT NOT YET BEEN SENT A SUITABILITY SURVEY. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY 6PM FRIDAY 23 NOVEMBER.
At O2 we’re always on the look-out for new ways to help our customers simplify and get the most out of their lives. We’re currently thinking about how customers use their cars and how we can help to improve their experience of owning and maintaining it.
With this in mind, we’re testing a new car product and we’re looking for volunteers to join us on this journey and help test different features of a brand new product with us – and you don’t even need to be an O2 customer to get involved. As a thank you to those we accept on the Connected Car Trial and provide us with the feedback we need, we’ll give you a £30 Amazon voucher at the end of the first 4 weeks. This is subject to you installing and using the device and completing a short survey (10-15 mins) a week for up to 4 weeks. Terms apply (see below for more information).
What is Connected Car?
Connected Car is a ‘plug in and go’ device with an app that connects into your car’s on-board diagnostics port (OBD). It works with most cars that are less than 15 years old.
We know owning a car can be stressful from time to time. Especially when things go wrong. Having to deal with breakdowns, garages and all the hassle and expense that comes with it. We hope that Connected Car will help to reduce these anxieties and give you the information you need to keep your car in running order.
Who are we looking for?
Drivers over 18, with their own wheels who’ll be excited to test out new features and are willing to share their thoughts and feedback with us. Most cars built after 2005 are compatible but we’ll make sure yours is before we start the trial and let you know.
What are we looking for?
We’ll need you to download the App and install the device in your car. During the trial we’ll need to keep a record of your Vehicle Identification Number, car registration details as well as the traffic and location data of your car, recorded on the device and in the App. We’ll also need in-depth feedback on your experience and usage around key tasks and features.
You’ll need to set aside around 5-10 minutes a day to test various features of the product and the related app, and around 10-15 minutes for a weekly survey. We expect the trial to last 4-5 weeks, though we may agree to extend the trial with you if necessary to re-test, or test other features or uses (this will not impact your ability to claim the Amazon £30 incentive after the first 4 weeks of the Connected Car trial).
We have limited spaces on the Connected Car Trial so sign up now to be in with a chance to help shape the future of Connected Car. Simply leave a comment below stating your interest and Martin, Marjo or Emilie will PM you a short survey to help us assess your suitability. If you'd rather PM us your interest instead of commenting below, then feel free.
Registration for the Connected Car Trial will close 12pm, Monday 19 November 2018. If successful, we’ll let you know by 6pm, Friday 23 November 2018 and invite you to a private board here on the O2 Community so you can discuss all things ‘Connected Car’.
30-10-2018 10:34 - edited 12-11-2018 09:23
‘Thank You’ Amazon £30 incentive
Terms of Participation
- To be eligible for the £30 Amazon eGift card (the “Reward”), you’ll need to:
- be accepted as a participant in the Connected Car Trial by O2;
- participate for at least the first 4 weeks of the Connected Car Trial;
- comply with the terms and conditions of the Connected Car Trial (these will be shared with you and signed before the Connected Car Trial begins);
- complete the surveys that we provide to you each week of the Connected Car Trial accurately and with as much detail as you can, and provide them to us by the relevant deadlines. If you miss deadlines or fail to complete 2 or more weeks’ worth of surveys you will not be eligible for the Reward, but you can remain on the Connected Car Trial and continue using the benefits of Connected Car for the remainder of the Connected Car Trial provided that you continue to provide feedback to us as and when you’re able to; and
- return the Connected Car device back to us at the end of the Connected Car Trial. We will send you a paid return envelope to send the Connected Car device back to us. If you don’t receive this envelope within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the Connected Car trial, please let us know by private messaging Martin, Marjo or Emilie via O2 Community.
- Entitlement to the Reward is personal to you and cannot be transferred, unless otherwise permitted by O2. The Reward cannot be exchanged for cash.
- O2 will not accept responsibility for applications damaged, lost, or delayed as a result of any computer hardware, network or software failure of any kind. Loss of Reward may result in the participants being unable to claim their Reward.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances O2 reserves the right to substitute the Reward for an alternative of equal or greater value. In the event of any dispute O2’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The £30 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card is subject to Amazon’s standard gift card terms and conditions including expiry periods (currently 10 years from date of issue) and redemption restrictions (including the fact that the Gift Card may only be redeemed toward the purchase of eligible products on www.amazon.co.uk). For full terms see amazon.co.uk/gc-legal.
- These Terms are governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
O2 Connected Car
Terms of Participation
You have agreed to participate in the trial of the O2 Connected Car device (the “Device”), the O2 Connected Car application (the “App”) and the associated Connected Car services (together, the "Trial") which is being conducted by Telefónica UK Limited having its registered office at 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX (“O2”, “us” and “we”),
Please read the following terms carefully. These terms govern your participation in the Trial. If you do not agree with these terms, do not accept these terms, participate in the Trial or use the Device, App or the Services. By accepting these terms you confirm that you have read and understood them. Acceptance of these terms shall constitute a binding agreement between you and us in respect of the Trial.
- The Device and any other related devices, the App including any apps, code and/or installation files, updates and related materials and the associated connected car services including any additional trial information, equipment and instructions made available to you for download, installation, reference or use is referred to collectively in this agreement as the "Service".
- During the Trial, the Service is only available in the UK and is not launch-ready, and therefore is for test purposes only. You acknowledge and agree that the version of the Service you will be testing during the Trial is still in trial and cannot be considered the finished product.
- In order to be eligible to participate in the Trial, at the commencement of the Trial Period you must:
- agree to these terms
- where advised as necessary by O2 prior to commencement of the Trial, be an O2 customer;
- be registered as a user on O2 Community;
- be aged 18 or over;
- be in possession of a full valid UK driving licence for a passenger car;
- own a vehicle that is compatible in full with the installation of the Device, as determined by O2 (the “Vehicle”);
- be the main driver of the Vehicle in which the Device is to be installed;
- have a mobile device that is compatible with the App and compatible with the receipt of the Service;
- download the App and agree to the terms of the App; and
- consent to us using the information collected during the Trial, including information about your car, the location of the Device we give to you, your location and the services you use, for the purposes of analysing the success of the Trial.
- Upon delivery of the Device in accordance with clause 6 of these Terms, you shall install the Device into the Vehicle in accordance with the installation instructions contained in the App.
- In return for being provided with the Service during the Trial and in order to continue to be eligible to participate in the Trial throughout the Trial Period, you agree to:
- use the Service in accordance with these terms and any instructions which we may communicate to you from time to time;
- act in accordance with the terms of the App;
- not, under any circumstances, use the App on your mobile device whilst driving the Vehicle;
- inform us as soon as possible by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if significant changes to your circumstances occur, including: (i) cancellation or termination of your customer status with O2; (ii) change to the address under which your customer status with O2 is registered; (iii) the sale, theft, destruction or loss of the Vehicle containing the installed Device; or (iv) the unauthorised use of the Vehicle in which the Device is installed;
- not do, or attempt to do, anything with or in respect of the Device, either in connection with its installation or otherwise, that has not been instructed or communicated to you by us;
- inform any other driver(s) of the Vehicle about the installation of the Device and bring these terms to their full attention;
- give O2, its group companies, trial partners and contractors, permission to analyse information relating to your use of the Services and your survey responses, to create aggregated results in respect of the Trial. We may further use and share this data for our own internal business purposes including the evaluation of the effectiveness of the Trial;
- complete any feedback survey forms on the Trial that may be emailed or sent to you. This includes, but is not limited to, completion of three (3) surveys across a six (6) week period which will relate to your experience using the Service which should take approximately fifteen (15) minutes per survey to complete. New weekly tests will begin on a Monday, with that week’s survey being sent on the Friday of that week. For a survey to be considered successfully “completed”, you must complete it in its entirety by no later than 11:59pm the following Monday; and
- be contacted by us by email, text or telephone and in connection with the Trial during the Trial Period (and any Extended Period). You acknowledge and agree that us contacting you in connection with the Trial does not relate to or impact your general consent preferences in respect of our marketing communications.
Device – Delivery, Configuration and Installation
- Unless otherwise agreed, we will deliver the Device to your requested address at our own cost.
- Upon delivery of the Device, you will assume all responsibility for the Device in respect of loss, theft, destruction or damage.
- The Device will be configured for a single make and model of vehicle and it must not be used in any other vehicle without O2’s prior written consent. If you wish to obtain such consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
- You will be responsible for installing the Device into the Vehicle in accordance with the installation instructions provided at clause 4 of these terms.
- You confirm that you are the owner of the Vehicle and have acted in accordance with clause 3(f) of these terms. You accept that O2 will not be responsible for any costs, liabilities or other matters arising from a failure to obtain valid consent from the owner of the Vehicle.
- You will ensure that the Device is not uninstalled from the Vehicle, unless strictly necessary (for example, where the Vehicle is being sold, during maintenance or repair of the Vehicle or where the Device is causing any issue with the Vehicle). We recommend that the Device is removed before any maintenance or repair of the Vehicle is carried out.
- If you uninstall the Device from the Vehicle for any reason, you must contact us immediately to inform us.
Device – Ownership, Use and Returs
- You acknowledge that the Device and any other equipment provided to you as part of the Service is provided to you on loan for the Trial Period and remains the property of O2 at all times. You will have no right, title or interest in or to the Device save for the right to use the Device solely in accordance with these terms.
- You will ensure that under no circumstances shall the Device be sold or transferred to a third party, whether whilst installed in the Vehicle or otherwise.
- We will lease the Device to you free of charge for the duration of the Trial Period.
- You will notify us immediately in the event of any loss, accident, theft, destruction or damage to the Device. You agree not to attempt to remedy any issues, or repair damage to the Device, either by yourself or by a third party, without the assistance of O2.
- You agree that you shall use the Device or any other equipment provided to you for the purposes of the Trial only and for no other purpose.
- You agree that you shall use the Device safely and responsibly, and prevent unauthorised access to such Device and not to use the Service for, or in connection with, any illegal activity.
- You agree not to review, publish comments about, capture or create images of, extract or analyse information or data related to, the Service (including the Device) without the express permission of O2, nor to allow any third party to do the same. You must not allow any third party access to the Device that provides them with the opportunity to do the same.
- You agree that you will not deconstruct, modify, tamper or misuse the Device or the Service and that you shall treat the same with reasonable care. We reserve the right to charge you for any damage caused to the Device or any other equipment provided as a result of a breach of this clause 20.
- At the end of the Trial Period, or in the event of termination of the Trial for whatever reason, you must immediately uninstall and return the Device to O2 using the prepaid and addressed package supplied.
- If requested by us, you must cease to use the Service and if requested by us, return the Device and any other equipment provided immediately or, where applicable, allow us or our designated installer to access the Vehicle to uninstall the Device.
App – Use
- We grant to you for the duration of the Trial Period a right to access and browse the contents of the App on the following basis:
- you will not in any way copy, modify, publish, transfer, sell, reproduce or exploit in any way the App (or any part of it) or any of its or its associated software in connection with the App; and
- you will not under any circumstances make use of O2’s trade marks or logos in any way.
- You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions or conditions relating to your use of the App as may be posted either on the App or otherwise communicated to you by us from time to time.
- You will not, and agree that you will not allow any third party to:
- post to the App any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, discriminatory, in breach of confidence or privacy or which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or would give rise to civil liability;
- knowingly post or transmit to the App any material that is technically harmful;
- misuse or violate any aspect of the App or any associated software, including deliberately breaching security or authentication measures; or
- attempt to modify or reverse engineer any software used in connection with the App.
- Nothing in these terms will limit O2’s right to temporarily suspend access to the App (in whole or in part) at any time for the purposes of maintaining, upgrading or repairing the App and/or to make changes to the functionality, features and/or material content of the App without notice.
- As the Service is provided under these terms for trial and test purposes only, there will be no charge to you for the provision of the Service during the Trial.
Duration and Termination
- The Trial shall commence at the time the Device is delivered to you in accordance with clause 6 of these terms and, subject to clause 29 of these terms, shall continue for a period of 4 weeks (the "Trial Period").
- Your participation in the Trial may be extended by a further period of time to be agreed (the “Extended Period”) on the written agreement of you and O2 prior to the end of the Trial Period. These terms shall also apply to the Extended Period.
- O2 may terminate your participation in the Trial for any reason and at any time by giving notice to you in writing (which may include by email). O2 may also terminate your participation in the Trial immediately if: (i) you are in breach of these terms; (ii) you are not using the Service in accordance with these terms or O2’s instructions; (iii) required to do so by law, a court, or a requirement of a third party; or (iv) O2 has reasonable grounds to believe that your use of the Services is fraudulent or infringing any right of a third party.
- If at any time during the Trial Period you want to be removed from the Trial, please notify O2 and we will work with you to remove you from the Trial.
- These terms shall be in force upon your acceptance of these terms and will expire upon our receipt of the returned Device following the end of the Trial for whatever reason.
Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge all intellectual property rights in any products, services, information, or materials provided or made available to you during the course of the Trial and the provision of the Service are owned or licensed by O2 and selected third parties, and you shall not acquire any rights therein other than the limited rights provided under these terms.
Confidentiality and Publicity
- You undertake that you shall not give press or other interviews, nor make any public statement regarding the Trial, without O2’s prior written consent.
- You undertake that, other than as required by these terms you shall not create, forward, share or otherwise publish or distribute any information (including but not limited to comments, images, graphics or other creative representations) in respect of the Services in any format (including on any form of social media or website) that could damage the O2 brand, without our prior written consent.
- The obligations set out in paragraphs 35 and 36 above shall not apply to any information which becomes publicly available through no fault of yours or where its disclosure is required by law.
Disclaimers and Liability
- The App and Services are provided for Trial and evaluation purposes only without any warranties or guarantees (including any warranties implied by law) unless expressly stated otherwise, and any such warranties (whether express or implied) are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Insofar as permitted by law and subject to paragraph 46 below, we shall not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for direct or indirect loss of profits, loss of data, income, business, opportunity or anticipated savings, nor for any indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage in relation to your participation in the Trial.
- We accept no liability to you where the installation of the Device voids any term of a manufacturer, or any other, warranty which applies to the Vehicle.
- We shall not be responsible for the accuracy of the data recorded by the Device or displayed on the App. You acknowledge that the Device cannot detect all faults within the Vehicle and we accept no liability for any failure of the Device to detect any fault within the Vehicle.
- We shall not be liable for any losses you may suffer that arise from your violations of traffic regulations whilst using the Device.
- Where you believe damage has been caused to the Vehicle by the Device, either as a result of its operation, installation or uninstallation, you must contact O2 immediately. You shall not attempt, nor shall you engage any third party to attempt, to rectify any damage the Device may have caused to the Vehicle. Should you attempt repair, or engage a third party to attempt to repair, any fault allegedly caused by the Device, O2 shall not be liable for the fault or any damage caused and any costs associated with such repair shall be borne by you.
- Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that we may have, you acknowledge and agree that damages alone would not be an adequate remedy for any unreasonable or intentional failure by you to return the Device and/or any other equipment provided when requested by us or otherwise in accordance with the terms of this agreement. Accordingly, we shall be entitled to seek equitable relief for such unreasonable or intentional failure,
- To the maximum extent allowed by law, we will not accept any liability for any damage arising to the Vehicle where you have not ensured vehicle compatibility in accordance with clause 3(f) of these terms, nor complied with the installation instructions contained at clause 4 of these terms.
- Nothing in these terms shall operate so as to exclude or limit the liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, arising out of fraudulent misrepresentation or fraudulent concealment, for any physical damage to property (regardless of whether such loss or damage is direct, indirect consequential or otherwise), or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- You shall be entitled to receive from O2 an Amazon eGift card to the value of £30 only (the “Reward”) as a reward for participating in the Trial, subject to the following conditions:
- you comply with the requirements for participation in the Trial contained at clause 3 of these terms;
- you comply with these terms in respect of the Trial;
- you participate in the Trial for a period of 4 weeks from the commencement date of the Trial Period;
- you complete the surveys provided to you in full in accordance with clause 5(h) of these terms; and
- you return the Device to O2 in accordance with clause 21 of these terms. You acknowledge that should the Trial Period be extended in respect of your participation in the Trial in accordance with clause 29 of these terms, the Reward shall only be provided when the Device is returned and not at the end of 4 weeks.
- Entitlement to the Reward is personal to you and cannot be transferred, unless otherwise permitted by O2. The Reward cannot be exchanged for cash.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to substitute the Reward for an alternative of equal or greater value. In the event of any dispute, O2’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Reward is subject to Amazon’s standard gift card terms and conditions including expiry periods (currently 10 years from date of issue) and redemption restrictions (including the fact that the Gift Card may only be redeemed toward the purchase of eligible products on www.amazon.co.uk). For full terms see www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal.
- Certain aspects of the Trial and the Services may be carried out by third parties selected by O2.
- You shall not assign, transfer or sub-contract these terms and, in particular, the right to participate in the Trial, without O2’s prior written consent.
- O2 may vary the Trial or terms during the Trial Period, provided that if we vary these terms to your material disadvantage we will notify you.
- These terms are governed by English law and both you and O2 submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
on 30-10-2018 14:44
Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).
Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here