Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9847 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
There is no compensation due, as the service is not gauranteed to be fault free, the only people that will get compensation are:

Enterprises with SLA's and KPI's
IOT customers who have SLA's and KPI's

Consumers like me and you will get zero, null, nothing, nada, sfa, nowt...
--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 241 of 715

Mamillian
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 32 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When are o2 going to give us an update on a resolution and stop treating their customers with absolute contempt?

Message 242 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wah wah waaaah!!!

Raise your hands, how many of you whiners were here before today, praising for the great service you've received..

Shame shame know your username!
Message 243 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9847 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
Where are o2 treating customers with contempt???

I think the updates have been fine, and dont need to much more than they are...
--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 244 of 715

Lauryn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just wanted to know when everything will be back on track just a rough timing would do us good please no data or able to text or call has been a massive issue with me. Due to childcare
Message 245 of 715

Pete-Creese
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 - simply not good enough.  I currently have no calls, text or data.  I am unable to contact either the hospital nor my terminally ill mother who is over 60 miles away.  Why is there no anticipated timeframe detailed for the resoration of service?  Where is your contingency planning and backup facility?  I take it we shall all see a significant reduction on our next bills!

Message 246 of 715

surfsquid
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Their service has never been great, but it is usually satisfactory, doesn't really warrant logging in to tell them "good work on doing exactly what I pay (way too much) for"

lol

Message 247 of 715

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Kelseydawnc93 wrote:

It's very easy to pass the blame to a third party I've noticed. Still nothing for calls and texts so evidtially it is more than just data. o2 you need to step up and stop feeding customers false information. You are only going to anger the majority. As for personal reasons I needed my mobile today I will not divulge into but realistically you have a lot to do to encourage customers going forward. It seems far to frequent in my opinion and not just a little 'Outage' it's always lengthy periods of time. 

@Kelseydawnc93

The current status page is saying this at 1555:

The network issue we are currently experiencing remains a top priority for us and we are working as quickly as possible to fix the issues.

All O2 technical teams are working closely with one of our third party suppliers who has identified a global software issue in their system which has impacted data services. As a result of this incident, we are experiencing a high demand on our network which means some customers may have issues making and receiving voice calls.

We believe other mobile operators around the world are also affected.
We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience. 

And the updated BBC page is saying the same thing though with a wider opinion on the matter: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46464730

We - as in us customers - may have different issues around the country regarding voice. Mine was fine till just after lunch when I lost voice calls. Can make outgoing calls but no incoming calls.
Message 248 of 715

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
https://twitter.com/markevanso2/status/1070708863182217218?s=21 From the ceo
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 249 of 715

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Please can we get compensation for the loss of service and inconvenience caused?
Message 250 of 715