Did you mean: 

Number not porting..at my whitz end!!!

Chacha18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I'm looking for any help/suggestions to anyone been through what I have..its going to be a long one apologies in advance!

So I recieved my new phone on Friday, previously had a phone out in my partners account. So both contracts were from tesco mobile, I went onto live chat on Friday so ask my previous number to be ported to my new sim. Told me not a problem and would be switched by sat 6pm. Turned phone on and off on Saturday, still nothing. I have messaged agents on live chat to be told it will be done tomorrow by 6pm. So I raised a complaint, they emailed me saying there was an issue with the porting and it had been escalated to the higher team and gave £20 for goodwill gesture.

I then contacted live chat yesterday and asked if there was an update they said the porting was successful by the higher tech team and phone should work any moment. I was so excited as finally would have my phone back! Yet again nothing, no change. I have put my old sim into my daughters phone and can't make calls etc from that now. Nor this temp number I have it just cuts off! Funnily enough the agent from the chat yesterday did not upload our chat where they told me it was a success and would work any moment, but wise brains always screen shot so you have the proof! 

I have lost out on money from work as I use my phone for my job, also had to cancel a therapy session as they are over the phone. I can't reach my children. It's just becoming beyond a joke I have tried every single reccomendation to help eg resetting Bluetooth WiFi, network settings, manually adding my number. Nothing at all seems to be working, I've been a teco mobile customer since age of 20. 11 years and never had this issue before. After reading threads I'm scared I'm going to loose my number, has anyone had this issue? I didn't think moving a sim from Tesco to tesco would be this difficult.

Thanks in advance and sorry for long post, just wanted to try get as much info in as possible.

Cha

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Chacha18 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Did you ever get a text message on the number you want to keep confirming when the number move would happen @Chacha18 ?

If not then the port has not been received correctly and you will need to enter it again.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 10

Chacha18
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for your message

No I never recieved a text message. The agent on the live chat said he done it for me and just to wait until 6pm sat 😞

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Chacha18 

Nothing will happen at the weekend.

It will either be Friday or Monday.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

Chacha18
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't understand why these people think it's okay to palm you off and just tell you what you want to hear instead of actually being honest with me and saying it's so frustrating. And the guy in teco today said 'call customer care' after explaining my situation. Lol really with what? A cup and string?

Message 7 of 10

Chacha18
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Honestly doesn't surprise me I am sick to death of it all such a stress! All they have done is give misinformation:-(

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Chacha18 

make a complaint

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 10

Chacha18
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have twice. They just come back with same rubbish..

Message 10 of 10