Did you mean: 

Number not porting..at my whitz end!!!

Chacha18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I'm looking for any help/suggestions to anyone been through what I have..its going to be a long one apologies in advance!

So I recieved my new phone on Friday, previously had a phone out in my partners account. So both contracts were from tesco mobile, I went onto live chat on Friday so ask my previous number to be ported to my new sim. Told me not a problem and would be switched by sat 6pm. Turned phone on and off on Saturday, still nothing. I have messaged agents on live chat to be told it will be done tomorrow by 6pm. So I raised a complaint, they emailed me saying there was an issue with the porting and it had been escalated to the higher team and gave £20 for goodwill gesture.

I then contacted live chat yesterday and asked if there was an update they said the porting was successful by the higher tech team and phone should work any moment. I was so excited as finally would have my phone back! Yet again nothing, no change. I have put my old sim into my daughters phone and can't make calls etc from that now. Nor this temp number I have it just cuts off! Funnily enough the agent from the chat yesterday did not upload our chat where they told me it was a success and would work any moment, but wise brains always screen shot so you have the proof! 

I have lost out on money from work as I use my phone for my job, also had to cancel a therapy session as they are over the phone. I can't reach my children. It's just becoming beyond a joke I have tried every single reccomendation to help eg resetting Bluetooth WiFi, network settings, manually adding my number. Nothing at all seems to be working, I've been a teco mobile customer since age of 20. 11 years and never had this issue before. After reading threads I'm scared I'm going to loose my number, has anyone had this issue? I didn't think moving a sim from Tesco to tesco would be this difficult.

Thanks in advance and sorry for long post, just wanted to try get as much info in as possible.

Cha

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Ninja333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did things work out for you? It's been 3 weeks of trying to change my number and 12 days off getting keep my number disconnected. I'm also really worried about losing my number. 

Message 11 of 12

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Ninja333 

If that question is aimed at @Chacha18, you need to tag him thus ! 👍

Message 12 of 12