cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anybody there? A new user's experience of customer service at O2. Oh, and I still need help pls!

TimS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've newly switched to O2, and have ported my number over.

To start with, the SIM seemed to work, and the number ported over.

However, since then, I've had problems with...

1. being unable to make or receive calls as I'm told from time to time "not registered on network"

2. no data (as not registered on network).

3. my calls coming from the wrong number (the one that came with the sim that I replaced, not my ported number)

I have found that restarting the phone seems (temporarily at least) to fix problems 1 and 2, but not problem 3.

No worries - I'll contact customer services.

However my experience with customer services has so far not been good.

1. I've called several times from my O2 phone, gone through menus (which tried to point me back towards the website), finally getting to a point of "press 1" if it's important or urgent. 

Firstly, if I called you, it's important (to me at least, if not to you). I have other people I can call if I just want to pass the time of day.

Secondly, having pressed '1' and declared it important, your system hung up on me.

2. I did (once) get through the 'press 1' stage of your call menus, to go into your queue. By the way, you do know that if you're always 'busier than usual so calls may take longer than 15 minutes to answer' then 15 minutes (or more) becomes the new norm, and you can no longer claim 'busier than usual', right?

Sadly, having got in that queue, your system hung up on me again!

Then, I noticed on your website that you say that chat is actually the best way to contact customer services - so I did that.

3. Opening a chat brought me to Aura. Very pleasant, I'm sure, but I wanted to speak with a real person, as the issues I was having required a real discussion. So I asked to speak to a real person. Aura said "If you would like to speak to an adviser please visit our contact us page". That was back where I started, when I couldn't find an article or a real person to help.

What I did find is a link to this community. So I thought I'd post the question here. Is there anyone there from O2 who is able to help, please? Are you able to give me a call to discuss the issues - don't worry, I won't force you to go through a menu system, I won't hang up after you've pressed '1', and I won't force you to speak to a 'bot'!

4. By the way - when I tried to post this to the community first time, I got an 'unexpected error' and lost the entire message. So I hope you'll excuse me if I'm sounding a bit frustrated, as I seem to have signed up with a comms company which can't do phone, text, chat or message board. Isn't it lucky you can do such sparkly adverts to keep us entertained!

Many thanks in advance for your help - I look forward to hearing from you.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TimS
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've now got a solution of sorts...

I hadn't realised that there's a setting within android that lets you set your sending mobile number on the messaging app (i.e. the number that people receiving my message will see). O2 recommended that I change that.

However the number was set correctly, and changing it / updating it / revalidating it didn't help.

In the end, I had to stop using the native android messaging app, as any changes I made didn't fix fix the issue.

Instead, I switched to the pre-installed Samsung messaging app instead (it's a Samsung phone). Once I did that, it worked fine! I'm not sure why, and it's a bit of a workaround, but at least my contacts know who they're getting messages from now!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146362 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28165 Solutions

@TimS 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

TimS
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @MI5

Many thanks for getting in touch & for your suggestion - I really appreciate it.

I'll drop them a message on FB and see how I get on.

All the best.

Message 3 of 6

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @TimS were you able to get your issue sorted via Facebook?

Sorry for the frustrating experience but do appreciate you sharing it with us here on the community.

Message 4 of 6

TimS
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Breanna ,

Many thanks for your message.

I haven't as yet, but in fairness I only messaged them via FB earlier this morning.

They did confirm this afternoon that they'd received my message, and that they'd get back to me soon.

So fingers crossed for a rapid solution!

Message 5 of 6

TimS
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've now got a solution of sorts...

I hadn't realised that there's a setting within android that lets you set your sending mobile number on the messaging app (i.e. the number that people receiving my message will see). O2 recommended that I change that.

However the number was set correctly, and changing it / updating it / revalidating it didn't help.

In the end, I had to stop using the native android messaging app, as any changes I made didn't fix fix the issue.

Instead, I switched to the pre-installed Samsung messaging app instead (it's a Samsung phone). Once I did that, it worked fine! I'm not sure why, and it's a bit of a workaround, but at least my contacts know who they're getting messages from now!

Message 6 of 6