cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra Disconnecting from Cellular Data and only connects again if watch is restarted

mobileappz
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm experiencing some issues with the cellular connection on an Apple Watch Ultra. The cellular data connection drops and does not come back unless the Watch is restarted. This problems occurs when using the  watch for cellular features. ie when it is not connected on a Wifi or iPhone connection. This is in an area with good 4G cellular coverage, the network coverage is not causing the problem.

The Apple Watch connects to cellular data when it's first switched on, and it works and can receive data. It says when you tap on the cellular bars:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK - 4G". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Connected.

The problem is when moving to an area of low signal, then back to the full signal area, it is impossible for the Watch to reconnect to a full signal, even when clearly back in the full signal area. 

It says when you tap on the cellular bars, even when moving back in to the 4G area:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Loading.

The only way to cellular data reception back is to restart the Apple Watch. This obviously resets the data connection.

I have tried all the usual remedies: Unpair and factory reset Apple Watch, Remove and re-add Apple Watch data plan in the Apple Watch App on the iPhone, switch cellular data on and off on Watch and switch flight mode on and off on Watch. However the only way it regains data reception is restarting the Apple Watch.

Message 1 of 233
232 REPLIES 232

bbfta
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I may need some similar help if possible. I’ve had a series 5 watch with no reliable signal since I got it in an insurance claim in September and am having similar issues to others on this thread. Tried customer services for a week or so, had a sim swap on Saturday that appeared to have fixed it but today it’s back to no service. 

Message 141 of 233

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36121 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@bbfta wrote:

I think I may need some similar help if possible. I’ve had a series 5 watch with no reliable signal since I got it in an insurance claim in September and am having similar issues to others on this thread. Tried customer services for a week or so, had a sim swap on Saturday that appeared to have fixed it but today it’s back to no service. 

@O2Emma should be on duty now, keep an eye on your Private Messages here for a note from her asking for details to follow-up, @bbfta - good luck!

Message 142 of 233

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 143 of 233

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @bbfta I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 144 of 233

Faymondo
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Similar issue with the ultra dropping cellular connectivity and occasionally when I restart the watch I get status "connected" but again this does not last too long. Any other updates on this ? 

Message 145 of 233

Jonathan764
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m also having the same issue. What is the best way of getting this fixed?

Message 146 of 233

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36121 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Faymondo wrote:

Similar issue with the ultra dropping cellular connectivity and occasionally when I restart the watch I get status "connected" but again this does not last too long. Any other updates on this ? 

@O2nath_ci is on in about an hour, @Jonathan764 and @Faymondo - watch your Private Messages here after 10:30am, as some info will be needed from each of you to progress the case. Good luck!

Message 147 of 233

Faymondo
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will do.

Thanks

Message 148 of 233

Alethia
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve also been long-suffering with this exact same issue. If someone from O2 could please help that would be much appreciated please. 

Message 149 of 233

Fogfoon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve got same problem. Had a series 4 and just got an ultra. Says I’ve successfully moved the plan but not getting any connection. Please don’t tell me I have to call 02 and have a battle

to get this resolved?

Message 150 of 233