cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra Disconnecting from Cellular Data and only connects again if watch is restarted

mobileappz
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm experiencing some issues with the cellular connection on an Apple Watch Ultra. The cellular data connection drops and does not come back unless the Watch is restarted. This problems occurs when using the  watch for cellular features. ie when it is not connected on a Wifi or iPhone connection. This is in an area with good 4G cellular coverage, the network coverage is not causing the problem.

The Apple Watch connects to cellular data when it's first switched on, and it works and can receive data. It says when you tap on the cellular bars:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK - 4G". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Connected.

The problem is when moving to an area of low signal, then back to the full signal area, it is impossible for the Watch to reconnect to a full signal, even when clearly back in the full signal area. 

It says when you tap on the cellular bars, even when moving back in to the 4G area:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Loading.

The only way to cellular data reception back is to restart the Apple Watch. This obviously resets the data connection.

I have tried all the usual remedies: Unpair and factory reset Apple Watch, Remove and re-add Apple Watch data plan in the Apple Watch App on the iPhone, switch cellular data on and off on Watch and switch flight mode on and off on Watch. However the only way it regains data reception is restarting the Apple Watch.

Message 1 of 233
232 REPLIES 232

Alethia
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please could one of O2 advisors kindly assist with this?  I see that other users above have had the issue resolved this way, as I haven't had any luck sorting the issue with customer services.

Message 151 of 233

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Another Apple watch problem @O2Sarah- 

Can you please contact @Alethia ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 152 of 233

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thankyou @gmarkj 

@Alethia  I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 153 of 233

Darry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- Please can you help me with this same issue please? @Darry Thank you. 

Message 154 of 233

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Darry 

I will send you a private message so we can check your account.

Message 155 of 233

bameronski
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Posting here because I'm so frustrated with O2's service.

I've just upgraded to a 30 day contract so I can leave O2 without being stuck with a termination fee because everyone at O2 that I've spoken to multiple times seems completely oblivious to this obviously systemic problem they are having with Apple Watches.

I've been with O2 for around 15 years too!

Message 156 of 233

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Let's see if the community advisors can get you working @bameronski - they seem to have some success with Apple watch issues.

Can you see if you can help plesae @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 157 of 233

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@bameronski I will send you a private message so we can check your account.

Message 158 of 233

bameronski
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi both,

I have already started my move to 3.

Thanks though.

Message 159 of 233

GeorgeR
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- i have the same issue and have been trying the accepted solution with no success. Can you help me too please?

thanks

Message 160 of 233