Did you mean: 

Text messages not sending - getting message to say "Message Not Delivered"

Alyssa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I have been having some issues with my text messages as of lately. 

My partner's data ran out and I have been texting him. However, every text I send seems to deliver and then I get a message saying that it has not been able to deliver. 

I can send multiple messages throughout the day and he does not get them and they always fail to deliver. He is with O2 and can send me messages with no issues at all. 

It is the same with my mum, who is with Vodafone. It can take me several messaging attempts to get a simple message through. 

I have the latest update (although the issue has been going on for some time now). 

Is there anything I can do because I do like to keep people updates on where I am as I travel quite a distance to and from work, five days a week. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Alyssa 

Try the tips here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

I wonder if it is an RCS issue - RCS took over from SMS to send messages, and if he has no data then he won't get them.

Is there an option to switch so SMS on the failed messages @Alyssa ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 8

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

O2 dont do delivery reports. Try type *0# at the start of your message and see what it returns.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

Yet the OP states the recipient never gets them and they always fail, so not an incompatibility issue in this case.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

gmarkj
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Yet the OP states the recipient never gets them and they always fail, so not an incompatibility issue in this case.

No, but I occasionally get RCS messages fail when sending to my wife and I get an option to change to SMS @MI5 hence why I asked. Mostly when she's not on WiFi, so thought it worth checking...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

I was referring to the system delivery reports @gmarkj , not your suggestion.

Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I was referring to the system delivery reports @gmarkj , not your suggestion.

Ah, apologies for the misunderstanding @MI5 !

Message 8 of 8