Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular not activating

Pentaquark
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hoping someone can assist...

I bought an Apple Watch series 8 direct from Apple earlier this week and went through the Watch app to activate the mobile plan for the watch.

Since triggering the process, the app is stuck on 'O2 Activating' and the watch has not activated the cellular functionality.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a solution?

Cheers

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36532 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

@G64 wrote:

Good Evening, I’ve been having the same issue with my Apple Watch Ultra since Christmas Day. The Watch was stuck “Activating” for 5 days. I called O2 and was instructed to factory reset the watch and pair with the iPhone again. It’s now giving a code 08 and says call O2 for assistance. HELP!!

Tagging O2 Advisor @O2Sarah- for this, @G64 - keep an eye on your PMs after 8am tomorrow, good luck!

Message 11 of 31

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@G64 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 12 of 31

G64
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! I’ll keep an eye out…Happy New Year

Message 13 of 31

Michelle135
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. This has made for interesting reading. I hope some of you are getting somewhere. I am unfortunately in the same position. Does anyone know if there is a fix in the pipeline? Michelle

Message 14 of 31

Steve-W
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm also having this same problem since Christmas Day. Went around the same loop.

Stuck Activating -> Reset Watch  -> Error code 08 -> Call O2 -> Error code 90 -> Call O2 -> Re-ran mobile setup and says successful, sends a text with confirmation and mobile plan terms and conditions, but still stuck activating.

There seems to be a general problem at O2 with Apple Watch mobile plan activation which they haven't acknowledged. Response times from O2 Twitter and Facebook Messenger channels are very very slow (days) and when telephoning, the L1 Support will only say they are continuing to work on your problem. Over 3 weeks now.

Message 15 of 31

kkrox
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had the exact same issue - has anyone made any progress with getting it resolved?

Message 16 of 31

pgn
  • 36532 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

@kkrox wrote:

I have had the exact same issue - has anyone made any progress with getting it resolved?

Several here have reported varying degrees of success when stuck in that loop with ordering a new physical SIM for the phone and swapping service onto it.  

Others have worked with O2 Advisors to reset matters at the back-end, on O2's systems, and then delete the esim from the watch and restart using the "watch app" from the beginning.

No O2 Advisors on until tomorrow morning, when @O2Sarah- is in from 8am - try your luck with either of the above, if there is an O2 shop nearby for a replacement physical SIM for your phone or for making sure cancel and start of new esim watch contract (£5) works with no double-charging.  Good luck @kkrox.

Message 17 of 31

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@kkrox I will send you a private message so we can check your account.

Message 18 of 31

Pellster
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please could I have some assistance too?  Bought watch, activated cellular, error 08.  Waited 24 hours, then chat with O2, logged a technical support issue, asked to wait 3 days, then asked to wait 5 days, then asked to wait 10 days.  They told me I just had to wait and comply.

I'm sure they are busy, but it just feels like I'm being held off now, and no-one will resolve it.

Help !!!

Message 19 of 31

pgn
  • 36532 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

@Pellster wrote:

Please could I have some assistance too?  Bought watch, activated cellular, error 08.  Waited 24 hours, then chat with O2, logged a technical support issue, asked to wait 3 days, then asked to wait 5 days, then asked to wait 10 days.  They told me I just had to wait and comply.

I'm sure they are busy, but it just feels like I'm being held off now, and no-one will resolve it.

Help !!!

Hi @Pellster - @O2Emma is the an O2 Advisor on the Forum - this tag will get you the assistance you need, keep an eye on your Private Messages for a response looking for more info. Good Luck!

Message 20 of 31