cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade or wait?

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I have an iPhone 4S I've had pretty much an iPhone ever since they have come out from 3G 3GS 4 and now iPhone 4S I can now upgrade and want an iPhone again but feel that the models are pretty much the same with just afew differences.
So been looking at at the 5s and 5c I'm tempted but I'm I just best waiting for the iPhone 6 because if I upgrade now I guess ill be missing out on getting an iPhone 6 by quite awhile what some 18 months later 😞
And I have no idea when the iPhone 6 comes out and what features it will have so do i just upgrade now any thoughts?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can get iOS7 on a 4s but it does not support everything iOS7 offers.
Message 21 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Not being an Apple person I wouldn't know, but I wouldn't have thought the difference in IOS 7 between the 4S and the 5C or 5S would be so different to warrant the cost of the upgrade. As the iPhone 6 is probably less than 6 months away I would have thought it would be better for the OP to wait to upgrade.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what I was thinking hopefully just under six months have the latest hopefully different iPhone 6 rather then get the 5s which I feel I may regret in 1 years time when most people will have the iPhone 6 lol
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
If one always waited for what's new out around the corner , then one wouldn't end up making a purchase at all. Lol.

As the iPhone holds it's street price well I sell my previous one to part fund the next one. My iPhone 5 brought £250 which went towards the iPhone 5s.
Message 24 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Ultimately the choice is yours, but if you don't have the money to buy a phone sim free and are going to get one under contract, my advice would be to wait for the iPhone 6. If you read all the articles written about it, the new phone will have a bigger screen, if that's a feature you're looking for. Holding on a few more months shouldn't be too difficult.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 25 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Lots of info here to help you decide @Peter112,

Have you decided what you'll go for yet?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 26