cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade or wait?

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I have an iPhone 4S I've had pretty much an iPhone ever since they have come out from 3G 3GS 4 and now iPhone 4S I can now upgrade and want an iPhone again but feel that the models are pretty much the same with just afew differences.
So been looking at at the 5s and 5c I'm tempted but I'm I just best waiting for the iPhone 6 because if I upgrade now I guess ill be missing out on getting an iPhone 6 by quite awhile what some 18 months later 😞
And I have no idea when the iPhone 6 comes out and what features it will have so do i just upgrade now any thoughts?
Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's a long time until the next iPhone comes out and it won't be that much different to the 5s.
If you go on to a refresh tariff you can always pay off your phone part of the contract and upgrade to a 6 or whatever they call it when it's released.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You could drop to a sim only contract until the iPhone 6 is released and then make a decison or just stay on what your on, which will drop to a 30 day rolling contract.

i have the iPhone 5s and its a really good phone.

At the back end of the year i'll take a look at the Phone 6 or whatever Apple call it and make a decison then.

My situation is a bit different as im on a pay as you go 4g account and pay upfront for my iphpnes from apple.

Lots of rumours on the next iPhone or iPhones including a bigger screen etc. Time will tell.

Take a look at idownloadblog for lots of rumours too.

Message 2 of 26

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's a long time until the next iPhone comes out and it won't be that much different to the 5s.
If you go on to a refresh tariff you can always pay off your phone part of the contract and upgrade to a 6 or whatever they call it when it's released.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It's a long time until the next iPhone comes out and it won't be that much different to the 5s.

Now have you been speaking to Tim Cook again on his private line @MI5  ?

Problem with the refresh tariff is your sometimes paying more for the phone than what apple charge for it sim free and unlocked ! Crazy

Message 4 of 26

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
It's a long time until the next iPhone comes out and it won't be that much different to the 5s.

Now have you been speaking to Tim Cook again on his private line @MI5  ?

Nope, just applying the logik that Apple apply themselves - Nothing much changed since the 4 except Siri and a fingerprint scanner wink

.....and without Job's abilities, nothing exciting likely to happen either Smiley Indifferent

Currently using:
Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i'm sure the OP will in their wisdom choose the correct avenue to take.

I wouldn't lock myself into paying more to O2 for a phone via refresh than what the manufacturer charges themselves for a true unlocked sim free handset.

Unless disposable income comes into play of course.

I wont include the comparison in specs chart from the 4 to the 5s as I dont want to take this thread off topic, but its way more than a scanner and Siri.

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
So isn't there going to be a big difference to between the iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 I no nothing Is dead cert but I thought the iPhone 6 was meant to be the one with some big changes when is it likely to be out June? Sept? I'm thinking if its worth waiting staying on a rolling contract
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So isn't there going to be a big difference to between the iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 I no nothing Is dead cert but I thought the iPhone 6 was meant to be the one with some big changes when is it likely to be out June? Sept? I'm thinking if its worth waiting staying on a rolling contract

Putting it bluntly we do not know.

MI5 is an Android man and is teasing you.

A recent rumour thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Alleged-iPhone-6-Prototype-Depicted-in-New-Images/m-p/626880#U626880

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see what your saying bandofbrothers it's just that I can pick up most iPhones and within ten mins no everything about it like the feel of getting a new phone and not knowing what the hell your doing with it if that makes sense lol I no newer models are quicker lighter but aren't they pretty much similar
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I see what your saying bandofbrothers it's just that I can pick up most iPhones and within ten mins no everything about it like the feel of getting a new phone and not knowing what the hell your doing with it if that makes sense lol I no newer models are quicker lighter but aren't they pretty much similar

Look at the link ive just put in my previous thread.

iOS is meant to be that way so your accustomed to it straighaway.

Android firmware is so fractured its a bind sometimes !

Message 10 of 26