cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade or wait?

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I have an iPhone 4S I've had pretty much an iPhone ever since they have come out from 3G 3GS 4 and now iPhone 4S I can now upgrade and want an iPhone again but feel that the models are pretty much the same with just afew differences.
So been looking at at the 5s and 5c I'm tempted but I'm I just best waiting for the iPhone 6 because if I upgrade now I guess ill be missing out on getting an iPhone 6 by quite awhile what some 18 months later 😞
And I have no idea when the iPhone 6 comes out and what features it will have so do i just upgrade now any thoughts?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

You may find this enlightening.

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/compare/

Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the link and info slight_smile
Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the link and info slight_smile

You're Welcome.

Another option maybe is to purchase an iPhone 5s from somewhere like CEX who buy and sell phones and other gadgets.

Message 13 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Me teasing !!! LOL
It's bob who jailbreaks his iPhone to make it more like Android slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Me teasing !!! LOL
It's bob who jailbreaks his iPhone to make it more like Android slight_smile

Now now you know such talk about what can be achieved with iPhones this way is prohibited.

Mods alarm bells will be sounding off  Zipped

Message 15 of 26

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I would consider getting an iPhone 5c straight-out. Then I could actually get an real-user experience and have a better balanced opinion between both operating systems.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 16 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

You mean 5S, don't you? The iPhone 5C is just the 5 with a coloured plastic back cover.

The iPhone6 will most probably have a larger screen if they want to compete with every other manufacturer. Practically every rumour you read confirms that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Albeit both examples utilise iOS 7.
Message 18 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I thought you could get IOS 7 on the 4S? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 26

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Bambino: Of course, if cost was not an issue I would go for the highest end one going - 32GB or 64GB model.

I would feel a bit like a hypocrite though. At the moment, I'm planning a website for a personal project and was thinking mobile telephones could included in the content somewhere. It's going to a website primarily aimed at fellow tech-heads and others well versed in technology - some of like a dumbed-down Ars Technica.

I was looking at the price of the iPhone 5c and it's not really cost effective. Maybe I'm not inspired to part with so much as cash on something I will never be 100% happy with. iPhone 6 eh? The latest rumour about that is that the Sapphire Crystal is for another 'secret project'.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 20 of 26