cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting PAC Code to move to another provider, do I need to wait until my contract is up?

EncBlue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do I need to wait until my contract is up, or can I do this when in my final month? (To avoid any contract cancellation charge)

Contract is up on 28th September, what would be the best time to request PAC Code?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'd wait until around the 10th as you need to give the new network 48 to 72 hours to process the port in @EncBlue 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@EncBlue 

To avoid early penalty charges you need to wait until you have completed your minimum term. 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

EncBlue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, so I'd be safe to request it at start of September, as would be in 30 day notice period?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'd wait until around the 10th as you need to give the new network 48 to 72 hours to process the port in @EncBlue 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4