cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the O2 reward credit be used on bolt on?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on pay as you go and use web bolt on £6 a month. When I didn't have enough credit for the bolt on, instead of topping up, I decided to use some of my O2 rewards as credits. My balance added up to £9 something. Somehow my web bolt on didn't renew automatically for the whole night, the next day still nothing. I decided to switch on my 3G but O2 charged me £1/day for the web usage. I am very annoyed. Does the O2 reward credit usable on the bolt on? If not and how was I suppose to know. If I knew I wouldn't have wasted my rewards on credit. Can anyone confirm this please? Who can I contact to discuss this? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on pay as you go go go and use the rewards to pay for my tariff and bolt ons so I'm not sure what's happened with yours.

I'd suggest either ringing them on 4445 (25p per call) to get clarification or use live chat.

They can initiate the bolt on and could reimburse the money taken to pay for the web daily charge.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

From the website:

Get up to 10% of your top-ups back every three months. To talk, text, shop or do more.

O2 Rewards is our way of saying thanks and helping you have more fun.

Here's how it works.

You sign up. Every quarter we add up all your top-ups and give you 5% or 10% back. If you don't claim or save your O2 Rewards by next quarter you'll lose them.

You can spend it on extra credit, phones and accessories, shopping vouchers or Ticketmaster tickets. Or save it for later.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on pay as you go go go and use the rewards to pay for my tariff and bolt ons so I'm not sure what's happened with yours.

I'd suggest either ringing them on 4445 (25p per call) to get clarification or use live chat.

They can initiate the bolt on and could reimburse the money taken to pay for the web daily charge.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. Thank you bandofbrothers for the information. I contacted O2 using the live chat. They say the bolt on did not renew because some of my credit is not real credit. But they converted it to real credit for me and now my web bolt on is active. It is strange because I did use rewards for my bolt on ages ago. Is it possible if you top up your credit before your bolt on expire, the system will think you have enough credit regardless real or not, then renew the bolt on for you?
Anyway, I didn't ask for the £1 reimbursement as I didn't want the hassle. At least I got what I want now. slight_smile
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

My tariff and bolt ons have just renewed automatically on their anniversary date unless I've removed the bolt on or funds are insufficient on the account.

Just keep an eye in the next time your anniversary date is looming and see if the allowances refresh.

I have always used my rewards claimed every quarter for the tariff and bolt on without issue.
Message 5 of 5