Experience the best on O2 all in one plan - Ultimate Plan

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hello folks,

Today I'm thrilled to share some fantastic news by introducing our best mobile plan yet - Ultimate Plan. 

Get even more out of your mobile with a plan that brings together our most comprehensive mobile insurance, services, extras, and entertainment.

There’s no such phrase as “the medium of the medium”. No one ever says “the average of the average”. You know what people do say? “The best of the best”. That’s what people want. And with O2, that’s what you can get. Introducing our Ultimate Plan – all our best services brought together in one package.

Please scroll down to find out what's included, FAQs, pricing, and more ↘️

Ultimate_Header_FUP_SIMO_2_V3_Option A (002).gif

What is included?

Kick back with complete peace of mind

•  With Ultimate Plan, the phone is protected thanks to O2 Insure – Ultimate Cover, which comes with unlimited claims and a three-year warranty. The best part? You’ll never be without a phone for more than a few hours, because we’ll replace it on the same day if you let us know before noon UK time (depending on your postcode) or, if you tell us after midday, the very next day. Ultimate Plan also includes McAfee Security Plus, keeping you safe online wherever you go.

• With O2 Insure – Ultimate Cover, you’re covered for repair or replacement of your mobile phone or connected device in the event of accidental loss, theft, damage or breakdown (within three years of purchase date from O2), as well as accessories purchased from O2 (up to £300) that are accidentally lost, stolen, or damaged at the same time as your phone or device. Claims for loss and theft will be settled with a replacement from refurbished or remanufactured stock. It does not cover theft of a mobile phone or connected device that was left unattended, including in a vehicle or property, unless you can demonstrate that reasonable precautions were taken to protect the item. It does not cover cosmetic damage including but not limited to scratches and dents that do not affect normal function, or the cost of calls, texts or data downloads made after your phone or device was lost or stolen, or the loss of data, software, graphics or other materials downloaded to your device.

Switch up to a new phone, when it suits you

• It almost goes without saying that you can pick the length of your contract and the amount of data that suits your needs. But with Ultimate Plan, you can also upgrade your phone every 90 days if you want. That’s right – if you’re always after the latest and greatest, with O2 Switch Up you can just let us know what you want and we’ll upgrade you. Or you can grab one of our phones if that works better. And it doesn’t matter how long you’ve got left on your contract: we’ll simply pay it off and start you on a new one.

Roam freely in even more places

• Talk about going the extra mile. Ultimate Plan includes O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate, which is a fancy way of saying you’ll be able to roam freely at no extra cost in a whopping 123 destinations, including every nation in the EU and popular holiday destinations such as the USA, Türkiye, Mexico, Thailand and Dubai.

Extras and entertainment, dialled up

• With Ultimate Plan, you can choose an Extra from O2 – including Disney+ Premium Plan, Prime Video and Cafeyn – at no extra cost. Pick one and you’ll be able to enjoy it for the entire length of your contract. For even more entertainment, download the Priority app for exclusive access to experiences, daily treats, prize draws and Priority Tickets for thousands of gigs and events across the UK.

Keep it simple

• You don’t need to give a moment’s thought to how many calls, texts and MMS messages you get with Ultimate Plan – they’re unlimited as standard. And all the other extras mean that you don’t have to think about paying for things like roaming, entertainment or security apps separately. It’s all included in your single monthly payment for the Ultimate Plan.

You can find more help and advice on Ultimate Plan, with our FAQs below ↘️

What is the Ultimate Plan?  

More info
With O2, you’re in control of your mobile plan. This means you have the flexibility to choose your device contract length, amount of data and more across our three levels of custom plans (Classic, Plus and Ultimate) – with each one dialling up the value and perks.  Fancy the whole lot? The Ultimate Plan brings you our most comprehensive mobile insurance, services, extras and entertainment in one great-value package. So you can get even more out of your mobile and rest easy knowing your plan covers all bases.

What’s included with the Ultimate Plan?

More info

Grab the Ultimate Plan with a new phone and get: 

• Complete peace of mind with O2 Insure - Ultimate Cover, including unlimited claims, a 3-year Warranty, same-day* or next-day replacements, and more. *Same-day exchange or replacement applies to valid claims submitted before 12 noon Monday–Friday. Excludes weekends, Saturdays and public holidays. Not available in Northern Ireland or selected postcodes in Scotland, Highlands, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Scilly Isles. 
  • O2 Switch Up, where you can swap your current phone for any of the latest and greatest, or one of our Like New ones, every 90 days 
  • Unlimited minutes, texts, and MMS messages as standard 
  • An Extra from O2 for the lifetime of your Ultimate Plan – choosing from Disney+ Premium plan, Amazon Prime or Cafeyn 
  • McAfee Mobile Security Plus – including antivirus (Android only), safe browsing, VPN, and identity protection O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate – roam freely at no extra cost in 123 destinations worldwide, including USA, Mexico, Thailand, Turkey, UAE (Dubai) and more 
  • Exclusive rewards and experiences with Priority 

Or if you’ve already got a phone, go SIM Only and enjoy the same perks, minus O2 Insure - Ultimate Cover and O2 Switch Up: 

• Unlimited minutes, texts and MMS messages as standard 
  • An Extra from O2 for the lifetime of your Ultimate Plan – choosing from Disney+ Premium, Amazon Prime, or Cafeyn 
  • McAfee Mobile Security Plus – including antivirus (Android only), safe browsing, VPN, and identity protection 
  • O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate – roam freely at no extra cost in 123 destinations worldwide, including USA, Mexico, Thailand, Turkey, UAE (Dubai), and more 
  • Exclusive rewards and experiences with Priority 

Ultimate Plan isn’t currently available when buying tablets.

Whos eligible for the Ultimate Plan?

More info
Anyone over 18 can grab the Ultimate Plan directly from us either as a new connection or as an upgrade when buying a new or Like New phone and taking out a Pay Monthly or SIM Only contract. 30-day SIM Only contracts aren’t included

How do I get the Ultimate Plan? 

More info
  • Head to our website, give us a call or pop into one of our O2 stores 
  • Choose the Ultimate Plan when you join us, upgrade or renew your contract 
  • If you’re an existing customer with a device plan, and you’re in contract, you can pay off your balance and upgrade early onto an Ultimate Plan 
  • If you’re an existing customer on a SIM Only tariff, get in touch to chat about your early upgrade options.

Can I change my tariff (minutes and data) while on the Ultimate Plan?

More info
Yes – like on all our custom plans, you’ll have the flexibility to change to other available Ultimate Plan tariffs. Find out more about custom plans here.

How often can I change my airtime tariff on the Ultimate Plan?

More info
Once every 30 days.

When can I upgrade?

More info

If you’re on Pay Monthly, you can upgrade as soon as you’ve paid off your phone. 

Want to upgrade early? You can pay off your device plan anytime if you’re on O2 Refresh – then, you’re free to get your new phone. 

After 24 months, your airtime plan and device plan will unlink. Then, you can choose to: 

• Continue with your original airtime plan and device plan 
  • Cancel your airtime plan and continue with your device plan 
  • Cancel both your airtime plan and device plan, as long as you pay off the rest of your device plan 

At this point, you can also take out another plan of your choice, after we’ve carried out our checks.  

What happens if I move from the Ultimate Plan to a Plus or Classic Plan?

More info
You’ll lose the perks you get with the Ultimate Plan – from exclusive benefits like O2 Insure - Ultimate Cover, Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate and unlimited MMS messages to your 3-Year Warranty, an Extra on us, and McAfee Mobile Security Plus – unless you subscribe to them separately.  If your chosen included Extra has a minimum term, and you leave your Ultimate Plan within that minimum term, you’ll need to pay for the Extra at the then-current partner price for the rest of the minimum term. Then, you can either cancel your Extra or keep paying for it and get a £2 discount on your airtime. 

What’s O2 Insure - Ultimate Cover?  

More info

A new level of insurance offering our most comprehensive cover yet. It includes: 

• Unlimited claims against theft, loss, accidental damage and breakdown 
  • Same-day* delivery of your replacement phone if your claim’s processed before 12pm UK time – or next-day if not. *Same-day exchange or replacement applies to valid claims submitted before 12 noon Monday–Friday. Excludes weekends, Saturdays and public holidays. Not available in Northern Ireland or selected postcodes in Scotland, Highlands, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Scilly Isles. 
  • A 3-Year Warranty 
  • Worldwide cover – though replacements and deliveries can only be made to a UK address 

Just so you know, any price deductions, offers or promotions on our Ultimate Plan exclude insurance, which can’t be discounted. Legal Stuff applies*, and our insurance is underwritten and provided by Telefonica Insurance UK branch. 

Can I cancel O2 Insure - Ultimate Cover? 

More info
Yes – though if you do, you won’t be able to stay on our Ultimate Plan and will need to move onto one of our other plans. You can cancel without any charges by giving us 14 days’ notice from the date you get the full policy documents from us. We’ll refund any premium you’ve already paid, as long as you haven’t made a claim yet.  You can also cancel your policy any time after this initial 14-day period in My O2. You’ll need to give us 30 days’ notice, but we’ll refund any premium you’ll have paid after the date you cancel. 

I have a repair or replacement happening through O2 Insure - Ultimate Cover, but I’ve now cancelled this cover and moved onto the Classic Plan. Will my claim still be honoured? 

More info
Yes, it will. 

Can I get the Ultimate Plan without O2 Insure - Ultimate Cover? 

More info
No – if you don’t want insurance, you can’t choose the Ultimate Plan or grab the rest of its perks, including your 3-Year Warranty.  If you get a new phone and switch from an Ultimate Plan to a different plan, you’ll have the chance to pick a new insurance option, and will need to pay for it.  If you’re on an Ultimate Plan, pay off your phone, keep it and switch to SIM Only, you’ll be given the option to keep O2 Insure - Ultimate Cover, too. 

How long will I be insured for with O2 Insure - Ultimate Cover? 

More info
Our insurance products can be kept for a maximum of 60 months. Your policy is a monthly renewable contract and will continue until then, unless you switch plans or you – or we – cancel it. 

What does my 3-Year Warranty cover?  

More info
Our 3-Year Warranty covers your device for three years from the date you buy it from us, going further than the manufacturer’s warranty to give you extra peace of mind. For the full terms and conditions, head to o2.co.uk/terms 

What’s ‘an Extra for the lifetime of your plan’? 

More info
When you grab an Ultimate Plan, you’ll get to choose an Extra (Amazon Prime, Disney+ Premium Plan or Cafeyn) for as long as you’re paying for your airtime plan. So, even if you pay off your device plan, you’ll still get to keep your Extra. 

How long do I have to choose my included Extra?  

More info
You can choose your Extra at any point during your contract with us. Once you've picked it, you'll need to redeem it within 28 days.

How do I redeem my included Extra?  

More info
You’ll be sent a link via text and email. You must redeem your Extra within 28 days. Don’t worry – we’ll send you reminders before the link expires. 

Can I change my included Extra?  

More info
Once you’ve chosen and redeemed your Extra (Amazon Prime, Disney+ Premium Plan or Cafeyn), you’ll keep it for the length of your contract, or until you start a new contract. 

Can I have more than one included Extra?  

More info
You’ll get one Extra as part of your Ultimate Plan. You can add Extras to your monthly bill whenever you like through My O2 – you’ll just have to pay for them.  

What if I’m already member to one of the included Extras directly through that company?  

More info
You can only choose Amazon Prime or Cafeyn as your Extra if you don’t already have a membership with them. You can pick Disney+ as your Extra even if you’re already a member.  

I currently have an Extra that’s on offer – can I use this as my included one? 

More info
While the offer’s running, you’ll need to keep enjoying your Extra as you are. Once the offer expires, you can head to My O2 to manage your Extra and choose it as part of your Ultimate Plan. 

I currently pay for an Extra. Can I choose this as my included one? 

More info
Head to ‘Manage My Extra’ in My O2 to check if your paid Extra is out of its six-month lock-in period. If it is, you can remove it as a paid extra and select it as your Ultimate Plan Extra. If not, you'll need to either wait until the six months are up – in which case, when you pick Ultimate Plan, make sure to select ‘Choose Extra later’ – or go for a different Extra. 

Can I change my included Extra when I renew my Ultimate Plan? 

More info
If you have an existing included Extra when you renew, we’ll assume you want this Extra again. If you’d like to choose a different one, call us on 0344 809 0202 and we can make that change for you. 

What’s McAfee Mobile Security Plus?  

More info

It’s essential protection for your personal info and privacy, so you can stay safer online, wherever you go. It includes: 

• Premium antivirus 
  • Web protection 
  • Identity monitoring 
  • Secure VPN 
  • And more 

McAfee Mobile Security Plus is an Extra that’s included as part of your Ultimate Plan. You’ll be sent a link via text and email to redeem it, which you must do within 28 days. Don’t worry – we’ll send you reminders before the link expires. 

I currently have a promotional McAfee Mobile Security Plus , how do I redeem my Ultimate McAfee Extra? 

More info
While the offer’s running, you’ll need to keep enjoying your Extra as you are. Once the offer expires, you can head to My O2 to manage your Extra and choose it as part of your Ultimate Plan. 

I currently have McAfee Mobile Security Plus how do I redeem my Ultimate McAfee Extra? 

More info
Head to ‘Manage My Extra’ in My O2 to check if your paid Extra is out of its six-month lock-in period. If it is, you can remove it as a paid extra and select it as your Ultimate Plan Extra. If not, you'll need to either wait until the six months are up – in which case, when you pick Ultimate Plan, make sure to select ‘Choose Extra later’ – or go for a different Extra. 

I already have a Mobile McAfee Plus subscription though O2 Extras and have just taken the Ultimate Plan, do I need to use a new e-mail address to register?  

More info
You can use the same e-mail address, but instead of going to the sign in option go to create account and use the same e-mail.  

What’s O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate? 

More info

Jetting off? You can roam freely at no extra cost in 75 destinations outside Europe with O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate. That includes the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Hong Kong, Turkey, Dubai and more. Plus, the 48 destinations in our Europe Zone – so that's 123 inclusive destinations in total.  O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate gets you unlimited minutes, texts and data, and no overage charges – though third-country calls (from one country to another that isn’t the UK or the country you’re travelling in) will be charged at standard roaming rates. You can read more in our terms here. 

What are the benefits of having O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate over the standard package? 

More info
All customers get inclusive roaming in our Europe Zone (48 destinations) as standard.  Customers with a Plus Plan can use their mobile in 27 more destinations outside Europe, including the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico. This is called the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone.  Ultimate Plan customers get all this plus an extra 48 inclusive destinations (that’s 123 destinations in total), covering countries in the Caribbean, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. 

What is O2 Switch Up? 

More info
Always after the latest model? With O2 Switch Up, you can swap your current phone for any of the latest and greatest, or one of our Like New ones, every 90 days. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve got left on your current contract – we’ll pay it off for you. Head here to learn more. 

Can I keep O2 Switch Up if I move off the Ultimate Plan?  

More info

If you move plans, you’ll have the option to keep Switch Up on your new plan. If you decide not to, you won’t be able to add it as a paid perk again until you sign up for a new contract with us.  

If this is the experience that you're looking for on O2, find all of our Ultimate Plans HERE 

Terms & Conditions 

Telefonica UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Ultimate Plan customers cannot benefit from any related discounts, including but not limited to: promotional handset or airtime discounts, discounts relating to O2 student or O2 open, Friends and Family discounts, and Multisave discounts.

Devices subject to availability. 0% APR. Finance subject to status and credit checks. 18+. Direct Debit. Credit provided by Telefónica UK Ltd, RG2 6UU. Telefónica UK is authorised and regulated by the FCA for consumer credit and insurance. Terms apply, see o2.co.uk/terms.

Same-day exchange or replacement applies to successful claims submitted before 12 noon UK time, Monday to Friday. Successful claims made after 12 noon UK time will be delivered the next day. Excludes weekends and public holidays. Not available in Northern Ireland, certain postcodes in Scotland, Isle of Man and Scilly Isles.

*Ultimate Plans worth up to £1,158: Total figure based on additional value after comparing inclusive Ultimate Plan benefits vs inclusive Plus Plans benefits. Standalone value consists of: (i) O2 Insure – Ultimate Cover (average cost £11.50pm – calculated over 36 months), (ii) O2 Travel Inclusive Max bolt-on (average cost £3pm – calculated over 36 months), (iii) O2 Switch Up (usual cost £6.99pm – calculated over 36 months), (iv) an additional Extra (usual cost of £10.99pm for Disney+ Premium Plan – calculated over 36 months), (v) McAfee Security (usual cost of £4.99pm – calculated over 36 months), and (vi) Unlimited MMS (usual cost of £5.11pm – calculated over 36 months). Value of certain other inclusive Ultimate Plan benefits have not been included in total figure.

O2 Insure: Covers repair or replacement of your phone and includes damage (except cosmetic damage), theft (unless left unattended without proof of protection), accidental loss, breakdown (within 3 years of purchase date from O2), accessories purchased from O2 (up to £300) that are accidentally lost, stolen, or damaged at the same time as your phone or device, plus Worldwide cover. Same day delivery, excluding weekends and public holidays, Northern Ireland, certain postcodes in Scotland, Isle of Man and Scilly Isles. Successful claims must be made by 12 noon UK time. Make a claim online at https://www.o2.co.uk/insurance-claim. Repair or Replacement delivery available to a UK address only (Monday to Friday inclusive, exceptions & exclusions apply). Claims for loss and theft will be settled from refurbished or remanufactured stock. You can cancel at any time via MyO2. See https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-insurance for more details.

Status disclosure: Telefonica UK Ltd is a Lender and Insurance Intermediary, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Insurance underwritten by Telefonica Insurance UK Branch, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority

The Price for O2 Insure – Ultimate Cover, which is part of your plan, will remain at £9.50 and will not be subject to RPI increase.

McAfee Mobile Security Plus: Covers 1 device for 1 year. Requires iOS operating system 15.0 or later; Apple Watch app available with iPhone 5 and later or Android operating system 9.0 or later; Android Watch features supported with OS 9.0 or later.

O2 Travel Inclusive Zone: Only included with Ultimate Plans on eligible tariffs. Includes unlimited minutes, texts and data roaming. Roaming destinations include our Europe Zone plus O2 Travel Inclusive Ultimate Zone in 75 destinations outside Europe. Data speed capped at 2Mbps in our Inclusive Ultimate Zone. Subject to fair usage at no extra charge. Non-commercial use only. Terms apply, see https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone-ultimate. For information on our Europe Zone and out of bundle charges, see https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe.

O2 Switch Up: O2 Switch Up cannot be used within the first 90 days from purchase. New & upgrading O2 customers who purchase an Ultimate Plan tariff directly from O2 only. The Bolt On is included within any Ultimate Plan tariff. Eligible customers may swap their existing handset device (tablets etc are excluded) during the eligible period of their contract, subject to satisfying our terms & conditions. If approved, we will keep your device & pay off your existing contract. If refused, you will only be able to upgrade via our standard methods & early upgrade charges may apply. All requests to swap must be processed via one of our eligible channels, unless we agree otherwise. Customers may only take out a new Classic Plan, Plus Plan or Ultimate Plan following a successful device swap. Classic Plans, Plus Plans and Ultimate Plans are subject to availability, status, credit checks & payment by direct debit. O2 Switch Up is included in Plus Plans & Ultimate Plans or it can be added to a Classic Plan for a monthly subscription fee. New contract price may be higher than existing depending on plans chosen. Customers will not be eligible to redeem any O2 Recycle offers when using O2 Switch Up. This Bolt On is also subject to your standard terms & conditions of service & is only for your personal non-commercial use. For full terms, see: https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-switch-up. Ultimate Plan disclaimer: Be aware that if you use O2 Switch Up to leave your Ultimate Plan within 6 months of redeeming your Ultimate inclusive Extra, you will need to pay for this Extra at the then-current partner price for the remainder of the initial 6 month period that applies. After that period expires, you will be able to cancel this Extra. For full Extra terms, see O2 Extras | Terms and Conditions | O2.

Extra: Get an Extra included for the lifetime of your plan when taking one of our Ultimate Plans (“Extra Period”). Extra Period will be shorter if you choose to leave your Ultimate Plan earlier. You’ll be automatically opted in to a paid monthly subscription if you leave your Ultimate Plan, current partner pricing: Amazon Prime £8.99pm, Cafeyn £7.99pm or Disney+ Premium Plan £10.99 (Customers taking Amazon Prime and Disney+ Premium Plan will get a £2 airtime discount that will remain for as long as they retain their paid Extra). Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Charges applied to O2 bill & are subject to change. If you leave your Ultimate Plan within 6 months of redeeming your Ultimate inclusive Extra, you will need to pay for this Extra at the then-current partner price for the remainder of the initial 6 month period that applies. After that period expires, you will be able to cancel this Extra. Eligibility & redemption: must purchase new eligible tariff direct from O2. Select your Extra  at any time after making a qualifying purchase & redeem within 28 days of selecting Extra. You may not be eligible to select Partner if you hold an existing account with Partner. Must set up Partner account & agree to their terms of use. Disney+: cannot benefit from more than one Extra Period. Eligibility: must purchase new eligible tariff direct from O2. Select Disney+ at any time after making a qualifying purchase & redeem within 28 days of selecting it. Must set up Disney+ account & agree to its terms of use. Cannot benefit from more than one Extra Period. Unless otherwise communicated to you, redeeming Disney+ through O2 will not automatically cancel or suspend any Disney+ subscription offered directly by Disney or through another third party. It’s your responsibility to manage direct or third party subscriptions. Disney+ content & related artwork © 2024 Disney & related entities. Tariff eligibility criteria applies which includes being a UK resident, 18+. For how to claim & full terms, see O2 Extras | Terms and Conditions | O2.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

It all sounds excellent @Dave-O2. One question.... Will O2 shop staff have any idea about this ultimate plan?! We've seen issues with Switch Up where they have no idea how that works!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10631 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Will test it on Saturday when the wife does here switchup slight_smile and to fair Switch Up seems to be nearly there in store nowadays.. 

It does sound good though but its just a bolt on for the insurance and it gets very expensive  

iPhone 15 with Ultimate Plans:

madasaf1sh_0-1719482129119.png

madasaf1sh_1-1719482183277.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Morning @Cleoriff 

I'm glad you like the sound of Ultimate Plan and yes stores are fully aware 😁

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

I had a quick look, and the plans are... eye watering!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Dave-O2 wrote:

Morning @Cleoriff 

I'm glad you like the sound of Ultimate Plan and yes stores are fully aware 😁

Good to hear @Dave-O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit