Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free £10 offer not working

Bug04
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why is it that on my leaflet my sim came in it says I can get £10 free credit by texting free10 to 21500, but when i do i get a text stating that this offer is not for you. Can someone tell me why please? Thanks
Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Cleoriff, it shouldn't be necessary to go through Customer Services for the offer, but in case it doesn't work and the customer is indeed eligible, Customer Services can apply the credit manually slight_smile

@Bug04 I've just heard back on your query and the offer has now been applied to your account - any issue, let us know!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'll tag @Martin-O2 to assist.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Morning @Bug04

There was a batch of faulty sim cards, which we understoid had been sorted. I will tag our community managers @Martin-O2, @Marjo and @EmilieT to see if one of them can assist you.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 25

Bug04
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you
Message 4 of 25

lukerobinson
  • 12 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

the free10 code never works, you have to call customer services and they will apply the credit manually.

the code is supposed to work but there are lots of complaints about it not working.

Message 5 of 25

Bug04
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks
Message 6 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's time o2either fixed this offer or withdrew it. Customer services are overrun at the moment with compensation claims and simple stuff like this just adds to the pressure.

Message 7 of 25

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Bug04, and welcome to the forum Wave  A couple of things to check as per the terms and conditions of the offer:

-          Did you top-up first before sending the free credit SMS?

-          Did you send the free credit SMS within 28 days of activating your new SIM?

If you've already done all of that and are still having issues redeeming this offer, please let us know so we can get someone to look into this for you slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 and @Glory1 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 25

Bug04
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi yes i have done both of those but still not working.
Message 9 of 25

Bug04
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 10 of 25