Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Topics: 545
Solutions: 3,387

Re: Classic PAYG

Thousands of sims are just thrown in a drawer or people just stop using them so O2 need to monitor if a sim is live or not. Six months seems a reasonable amount of time to keep a check on this. A disused number can be reclaimed and then If you send a text every 6 months you only need to top up every 999 days.

Like coal and oil, the present range of mobile numbers will run out so if it's possible to be used again then it's obviously a great benefit to the networks and they all have some sort of usage terms, not just O2.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Thanks @adamtemp64, I'll pass this over to the web team. 

Thanks for your feedback on this! Its very useful get get customers input on things. smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 1: Joiner

In the T & C's I can't find a mention of making a chargeable call or text in six months?

Topics: 529
Solutions: 11,004

@bubblegut wrote:

In the T & C's I can't find a mention of making a chargeable call or text in six months?

Trust us - you need to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 545
Solutions: 3,387

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read#bm-p...

Our Rights to Bar or Disconnect Your Mobile Phone

• 7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone