cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic PAYG

Anonymous
Not applicable

So it says here regarding this tarrif, that If you don't top up, or add a Bolt at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected and you'll lose any credit on your account. If you want to be reconnected you'll be given a new mobile number...

However i'm struggling to find details of this caveat in any published terms or conditions, the tarrif page itself nor anywhere else much: nor how it would work in practice, what anniversary dates would apply, how any given six month period would be defined, what warnings, if any, would be given and so on.

Anyone able to shed any light?  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Thousands of sims are just thrown in a drawer or people just stop using them so O2 need to monitor if a sim is live or not. Six months seems a reasonable amount of time to keep a check on this. A disused number can be reclaimed and then If you send a text every 6 months you only need to top up every 999 days.

Like coal and oil, the present range of mobile numbers will run out so if it's possible to be used again then it's obviously a great benefit to the networks and they all have some sort of usage terms, not just O2.

Message 11 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @adamtemp64, I'll pass this over to the web team. 

Thanks for your feedback on this! Its very useful get get customers input on things. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 15

bubblegut
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the T & C's I can't find a mention of making a chargeable call or text in six months?

Message 13 of 15

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@bubblegut wrote:

In the T & C's I can't find a mention of making a chargeable call or text in six months?

Trust us - you need to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read#bm-p...

Our Rights to Bar or Disconnect Your Mobile Phone

• 7.1. If you do not carry out any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period your Mobile Phone will be disconnected and you will lose any remaining credits balance on your Account. If you wish to be re-connected after this time you will be given a new Mobile Phone 
Message 15 of 15