cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering iTunes vouchers: invalid email address?

Jonk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone ordered iTunes voucher recently?

Tried to order an iTunes voucher but keep getting an error (for all my email addresses): "Sorry, but that email doesn't seem to be valid email or there was an error". 

To test this, go to "http://www.o2vouchers.co.uk/", type in an email address and it will be rejected. Seems to me the web server is broken. Anyone had success?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Pleasehelp1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just wondering if you have found the problem yet please.
Message 21 of 85

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
This has been an issue for at least a month or so now so I wouldn't expect hourly updates on a fix.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 85

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
This has been an issue for at least a month or so now so I wouldn't expect hourly updates on a fix.....

Yep....this is O2 we are talking!

Message 23 of 85

Chadly
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any ideas yet O2? Not good is it?!
Message 24 of 85

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Jonk
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, @EmilieT , I am also wondering if you have heard anything back? Did you get any promise of "5 working day" as @Chadly did? This particular problem is over two weeks now. I know it is not part of O2 essential service but still a total breakdown of a promised service does not make O2 look good. Do you think we need to escalate the issue to draw attention?  Thanks.

Message 26 of 85

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Chadly@jonsie and @Jonk, no update as of yet or timeframe, it's still being worked on. However I'll chase this up for you today and see if there's any news I can share slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 27 of 85

Superbreakfast
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
We look forward to the update @EmilieT
Message 28 of 85

Chadly
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Poor effort from O2 tbh, if they can’t/won’t fix the website they should work out another way of giving customers what they have offered?
Message 29 of 85

Jonk
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think the problem is that O2 does not give enough attention to the problem, as this is not their "essential" service.

The problem seems to be a simple programming bug: the corrent check should be: allow if the entered email has "@" in it and give error if not. But the current web check is the other way around: give error if the email has "@" and allow if not (although another check later on would reject email without "@"). It should be simple to fix if they actually take a look at it.

Message 30 of 85