Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

premium number 87070

DomWong
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On my bill I have several Premium Rate charges of text messages. I have not sent any of these messages (in fact one of these was today). When I type in the nubmer 87070 in the o2 support it says Opera Telecom. 

How can I get these refunded and importantly how can I stop them? It is absolutely not me texting to this nubmer.

o2 call volume is super high at the moment so anything I can do?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147299 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@DomWong 

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next  and www.payforitsucks.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

DomWong
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I know for a fact I have not texted this number. I've even searched my text messages One was today when I was on a call so definitely not using this number.

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93358 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6989 Solutions
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 147299 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@DomWong wrote:

Thanks but I know for a fact I have not texted this number. I've even searched my text messages One was today when I was on a call so definitely not using this number.

I know you're not but you are signed up to a premium service and they are charging you for receiving texts from them which you have either blocked or are going into your spam.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@DomWong wrote:

On my bill I have several Premium Rate charges of text messages. I have not sent any of these messages (in fact one of these was today). When I type in the nubmer 87070 in the o2 support it says Opera Telecom. 

How can I get these refunded and importantly how can I stop them? It is absolutely not me texting to this nubmer.

o2 call volume is super high at the moment so anything I can do?

If this was the grocery offer alerts "service" then it is a proven scam. This video shows how it is possible to sign up any mobile number to this "service" without the knowlege of the phone's owner. 

The PIN number which should only have been sent to the phone, was also displayed on the signup screen, making ownership of the phone unnecessary. The exploit shown in the video has since been removed (at about 8:00pm on 30th March). It appears that the scammers "harvested" mobile numbers from Gumtree adverts and "subscribed" them to the service. 

Insist that O2 investigate and provide a refund as there is clear evidence that the service did not conform to their rules.

Also see https://payforitsucks.co.uk/o2-payforit-faq

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 6 of 6