Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPD delivery Pin not received

Checkchange
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered an Apple Watch upgrade yesterday and paid for premium DPD delivery pre 10:30am. The driver has just been and asked for a pin which I haven’t been sent so has taken my parcel away.

I’ve spoken to o2 via the chat function and the pin was sent to an old pay and go number that I wasn’t even aware was still associated with my account and I definitely don’t have access to anymore, it so old it’s almost definitely been reassigned to somebody else.

I’ve asked the chat to update to my actual number and hoping that I actually get a pin when DPD attempt re delivery tomorrow, but not holding my breath that they’ve actually done this.

has this happened to anybody else? Have you had any luck getting the pin for your parcel or has it ended up being returned to o2?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Checkchange 

Yes, it's a common occurrence.

Another of O2's genius ideas that there useless systems cannot support.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Checkchange
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s a huge inconvenience- I’ve been with o2 years and never had issues like this with delivery.

i have my fingers crossed I actually get a PIN code to the correct number tomorrow but not confident as the delivery is still not showing in my DPD app. 
is it better to ring them rather than speak to chat? Or is it the same people you get through to? 

Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Apparently there is a setting/drop down somewhere where you choose which number the text is sent to @Checkchange - at least, that's what we've been told:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Delivery-Pin-Code-Utter-Shambles/m-p/1728988#M132...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Checkchange 

Apart from the social media channels, all other contact is outsourced, so you may get more luck if you try  on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG). 

You will have to stress the urgency though as their responses aren't usually instant.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Apparently there is a setting/drop down somewhere where you choose which number the text is sent to @Checkchange - at least, that's what we've been told:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Delivery-Pin-Code-Utter-Shambles/m-p/1728988#M132...

There is, but when I added a new number, I had to still receive a validation text to the number on my account, which I fortunately still had access to.

Message 6 of 9

Checkchange
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded through the app (iOS if it makes any difference) and there definitely wasn’t anywhere to choose a number for delivery? I read through everything really carefully when placing my order 

Message 7 of 9

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7734 Posts
  • 151 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Checkchange 

I suggest that you revert to @MI5's suggestion of contacting O2 by social media - details provided in message 5 above. 👍 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

I'm sure @Checkchange has seen the post already.

Message 9 of 9