Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products, the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have now launched and are available to purchase from today, Friday 21 September. Customers will be able to pre-order the iPhone XR beginning Friday 19 October, and launching on Friday 26 October.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these beauties, click the appropriate link below to order online, or alternatively you can call our customer services, or visiting us in-store.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR
iphone_Xs_64gb_gold_sku_header.png
iphone_xs_max_gold_sku_header.png
iphone-xr-64gb-black-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone Xs
iPhone Xs Max
iPhone XR

Watch the new iPhone in action, with some highlight features above

Questions?

With what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated device launches of the year, we suspect many of you will have questions. Check out our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post which we hope will answer any questions you have. We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

Related community discussions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 461
460 REPLIES 460

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@CappinPug wrote:
I have iPhone X on refresh - will I be able to preorder and still get my free upgrade? 

I got the iPhone X - but its release was delayed last year.

As my contract has a free upgrade attached to it - I was wondering whether I will be able to use this to preorder this week - as its a month out of the normal iPhone rhythm.

@CappinPugSee the post on page one by @Chris_K. This will answer your question.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

Incoming!!

76DBABF1-21B4-40A0-8ED0-6CEB98F8A82A.jpeg

Message 52 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Incoming!!

76DBABF1-21B4-40A0-8ED0-6CEB98F8A82A.jpeg

Stop teasing us wink

More info
A5471F77-CB44-4E69-9784-D272414061DE.png
Message 53 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s only a few more days to wait for that software update, and it’s one of Apple’s strengths that we all get them pretty much at the same time. I’d never rule out going back to Android, but unless you buy one of Google’s own products, then you almost always end up joining a long queue. 

Message 54 of 461

Anonymous
Not applicable
The update officially is released on Monday & I’m looking forward to it
Message 55 of 461

DW56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When will the Apple Watch be available on O2 ?

Message 56 of 461

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@DW56 wrote:

When will the Apple Watch be available on O2 ?

If you are talking about the Apple watch 4 @DW56 you need to go to the first page of this thread where all FAQ'a have been answered. This is the info about the watch

Q. Will you be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4?
A. O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 461

DW56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 need to keep up. Failing to keep up with customers expectations and changing technology has killed some big players in this sector.

Message 58 of 461

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Far as I can see esim is more suites to people who travel and acts a security feature too. As the SIM is embedded and not physical it means it has to write the SIM data electronically.

So other than that, catching up with America and other networks should be a priority. Perhaps not the main one though, enhancing the overall service would be better.

Anyway I think from a last year's models it is an incremental improvement. If you use Apple products then you will take the plunge.

It is what it is .
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 59 of 461

Trapdoor
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Re. eSim, what determines whether eSim is available?

Scenario. I buy a sim free Xs from Apple and fit my physical O2 SIM in the phone. O2 doesn’t support eSim, fine as I have their physical SIM fitted. I decide to add an EE contract and EE do support eSim ... why can’t I do this? Or can I? Does it require both carriers to support the technology or just the carrier provisioning onto the eSim?

OK, I realise that there are certain carrier facilities that get provisioned (or not), but surely O2 couldn’t, on a SIM free handset, dictate whether a compatible carrier can be provisioned onto the internal eSim that technically, O2 have no right to have anything to do with. Their carrier details are contained on the physical sim.

I don’t have a huge confidence that O2 will carry through with implementing this ... I expect we’ll be told, once they have sold a lot of handsets, that there is insufficient demand. Hope I’m wrong as at home, O2 are the only available carrier but service is dire at my work locations hence wanting to use both O2 and EE.

Message 60 of 461