Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 674

Re: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

@CappinPug wrote:
I have iPhone X on refresh - will I be able to preorder and still get my free upgrade? 

I got the iPhone X - but its release was delayed last year.

As my contract has a free upgrade attached to it - I was wondering whether I will be able to use this to preorder this week - as its a month out of the normal iPhone rhythm.

@CappinPugSee the post on page one by @Chris_K. This will answer your question.

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

Incoming!!

76DBABF1-21B4-40A0-8ED0-6CEB98F8A82A.jpeg

Level 16: Talkative

@Anonymous wrote:

Incoming!!

76DBABF1-21B4-40A0-8ED0-6CEB98F8A82A.jpeg

Stop teasing us wink

Spoiler
A5471F77-CB44-4E69-9784-D272414061DE.png
Highlighted
Level 16: Talkative

[ Edited ]

It’s only a few more days to wait for that software update, and it’s one of Apple’s strengths that we all get them pretty much at the same time. I’d never rule out going back to Android, but unless you buy one of Google’s own products, then you almost always end up joining a long queue. 

Anonymous

The update officially is released on Monday & I’m looking forward to it
Level 1: Joiner

Apple Watch

When will the Apple Watch be available on O2 ?

Topics: 674

Re: Apple Watch

@DW56 wrote:

When will the Apple Watch be available on O2 ?

If you are talking about the Apple watch 4 @DW56 you need to go to the first page of this thread where all FAQ'a have been answered. This is the info about the watch

Q. Will you be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4?
A. O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

*The Game Is On*

Re: Apple Watch

O2 need to keep up. Failing to keep up with customers expectations and changing technology has killed some big players in this sector.

Topics: 124
Kudos: 235
Blog Posts: 1

Far as I can see esim is more suites to people who travel and acts a security feature too. As the SIM is embedded and not physical it means it has to write the SIM data electronically.

So other than that, catching up with America and other networks should be a priority. Perhaps not the main one though, enhancing the overall service would be better.

Anyway I think from a last year's models it is an incremental improvement. If you use Apple products then you will take the plunge.

It is what it is .
Leave your candy-colored cans in the toy chest and try a pair of proper headphones.

Re. eSim, what determines whether eSim is available?

Scenario. I buy a sim free Xs from Apple and fit my physical O2 SIM in the phone. O2 doesn’t support eSim, fine as I have their physical SIM fitted. I decide to add an EE contract and EE do support eSim ... why can’t I do this? Or can I? Does it require both carriers to support the technology or just the carrier provisioning onto the eSim?

OK, I realise that there are certain carrier facilities that get provisioned (or not), but surely O2 couldn’t, on a SIM free handset, dictate whether a compatible carrier can be provisioned onto the internal eSim that technically, O2 have no right to have anything to do with. Their carrier details are contained on the physical sim.

I don’t have a huge confidence that O2 will carry through with implementing this ... I expect we’ll be told, once they have sold a lot of handsets, that there is insufficient demand. Hope I’m wrong as at home, O2 are the only available carrier but service is dire at my work locations hence wanting to use both O2 and EE.