Did you mean: 

eSIM - Now available on O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
eSIM_Banner.png

UPDATE 24 Sep '20: 5G eSIM has now launched on O2. You'll need a 5G and eSIM compatible device.

O2 is excited to announce that customers can use eSIM technology on the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max, as well as the iPhone XS, XS Max, XR and the Google Pixel 3 and 3XL from 19 September 2019.

O2 customers need only pop into their local store or call customer services to request a new eSIM pack. You can then download an eSIM profile and swap your current plastic SIM card over to your new eSIM profile following the normal SIM swap process.

Customers will still have the option to use a traditional plastic SIM card should they wish.

We have a dedicated eSIM help & support page here, with many Q&A's.

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Hallam wrote:

I am looking to get a Samsung 46mm silver watch but I have been told that o2 doesn’t support esim for this could you tell me when this will be 

Hi @Hallam - we do support eSIM and as you can see, we are rolling this out to more devices very soon, but we don't currently sell any eSIM versions of the Samsung Watches, or have support for them yet. If or when we support this or add further eSIM support, we'll let everyone know.

@adamjhodson wrote:

Do we have an exact date on this yet? 

Not yet @adamjhodson but soon as there's any news on this, i'll update this thread to let everyone know slight_smile

Message 11 of 80

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Update: eSIM will launch for the smartphones previously announced, as well as the new iPhone 11 range of devices, from tomorrow - 19 September 2019.

Original thread updated. We'll post any new info around eSIM as/when it becomes available here and on our website.

Message 12 of 80

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Update: eSIM has now launched on O2 today and you can request your eSIM pack in-store or via our customer service teams. Should you need any eSIM help, we have launched a dedicated page featuring many Q&A's, so check out our eSIM Help & Support page.

Message 13 of 80

Quark999
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am impressed (especially compared to the kerfuffle I usually had with EE doing, well, pretty much anything) - O2 Store Moorgate had 20 eSIM packs available, old SIM was swapped over within 5 minutes, started working 2 minutes later. Result!
Message 14 of 80

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Quark999 wrote:
I am impressed (especially compared to the kerfuffle I usually had with EE doing, well, pretty much anything) - O2 Store Moorgate had 20 eSIM packs available, old SIM was swapped over within 5 minutes, started working 2 minutes later. Result!

@Quark999 

Great to have some positive feedback.

I`ll ask @EmilieT to pass on your comments to the O2 store Moorgate.

and Welcome to the Community. Hope you`ll have a look around at the various threads and stay thumbsup

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 16 of 80

DarrenPlymouth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Did mine today, changed to esim on my iPhone XS Max, very quick indeed
Message 17 of 80

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for your feedback @Quark999, really pleased to hear the store staff was so helpful and the switch was swift! I've passed on your comments to them now as well wink

@DarrenPlymouth Good to hear it's all working for you too as well, enjoy!

Cheers for the mention @Mi-Amigo thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 80

Benoit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Finally o2 have caught up. Ordered mine yesterday via o2 chat as I knew I wouldn’t be able to get to a o2 store it arrived today and took next to no time to set up and I can finally have just one phone for home and work instead of having 2 phones so much easier.
Message 19 of 80

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

eSIM now installed in new iPhone 11 pro picked up on Friday but left SIM swap till today as I was working Fri night and all weekend. Very quick swap over.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 20 of 80