Happy New Year and Thank You for 2017!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello everyone, happy Friday!

How has this year gone by so fast? open_mouth

2018 is almost here so we wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you, from everyone in the Community Team, for all your help and support over the past year. We have very much enjoyed being here on the forum with you all and are looking forward to it in 2018 too. smiling 

Achievements infographic

To celebrate these great achievements from all of you added together, which are worth highlighting and being proud of, we are happy to confirm that we got 20 O2-themed hoodies to give away!! nerd

If you'd like one (or if you don't, we still love to see you posting!), please reply in this topic to the question below. We will choose 20 quotes to receive a hoodie as a thank you for being part of our community.

--> UPDATE: The competition element for this topic has now closed. Thanks all for your participation. 

We have the winners for the 20 hoodies!

See the list below, and if you find yourself on it, please send me a Private Message with your address (with your size if you haven't mentioned it yet) so we can send you the hoodie. thumbsup

More info

What has been the best thing for you about being part of the O2 community?

(Also, please include a hoodie size in your reply, or if you'd prefer, PM me with it - this will help with preparing the hoodies quicker).

party party party party party party party

Happy New Year everyone!

party party party party party party party

Message 1 of 200
199 REPLIES 199

Anonymous
Not applicable

The very best thing for me about the o2 community is how helpful & friendly they have all been & how they helped move things along when i needed a little extra to resolve problems i had with o2 with which i seemed to be getting nowhere, so a really GREAT BIG THANK YOU for giving up your time to help someone else, it was very appreciated & good to know there are people out there who can & are willing to help, i would recommend using the community to anyone on o2 or thinking of joining as it is a great contribution. Happy 2018 to all.

p.s if i'm lucky enough a large hoodie would be awesome 🙂

Message 31 of 200

whyohwhy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Best thing is the way everyone trys to help everyone else Knowledge is also shared which is usful

Hoodie size Large (Should I be so lucky)

Message 32 of 200

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
For me is that we are a community we all talk to one another have a laugh but the most important one is that we help new members to get the hell they need and I'm glad I'm apart of this community I see you all as family
Message 33 of 200

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Most important things for me - sharing experiences, thoughts and ideas.  I particularly like that the user to user connection works well.

Most valuable things for me - tips, tricks and odd little bits

Most enjoyable -  I've not been about much due to both work and personal committments.  Popping back online to say hello and others welcome you back - it's really nice and personable.  

Hoodie size - large.  It's not about the hoodie though, I'd have replied to this regardless.  My eldest daughter was reading this with me though and pointed out that she's a small... the cheek!  So if you're out of large, she'll have a small please!

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 34 of 200

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

The very best things about the O2 Community.

For me? 

The overall politeness, respect for others and the sense of teamwork

This I can assure you is a very rare exception to the general attitude elsewhere. 

Sarcasm, rudeness, removing posts, banning and general point-scoring is the order of the day. 

As a very recent return to the fold this has made a considerable difference to me and how I perceive O2.

And a shining example of what a network forum should be.

(My hoodie size if you’re mad enough to make me a winner is 2XL please)

Message 35 of 200

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

One extremely enjoyable part of being human is helping where you can.

Other parts are asking for help, making friends, constructively agreeing or disagreeing with other humans...

The O2 forum has proven (unlike much of social media) to be a safe and helpful place to do those things. 

The mods are sensible.  Unlike other places, negative feedback is taken on board, and themes allowed to develop. So long as it is constructive and not nasty.

The regulars actively seek out newbies and try to help everyone, even when questions are misleading or jigsaw (that description is my wife's, meaning facts come in random order, and have to be pieced together to understand the end picture).

I would not even consider wearing a hoodie scream  You couldn't pay me to do so.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 36 of 200

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Fellwalker. Your last sentence made me giggle. Such a lovely complimentary post...and then we reach the punchline LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 200

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Cheers everyone for your comments. Makes my day. sunflower 

Lovely to see you again @Cairdeas@Daddydoink by the way, it's been a while. I hope you're doing alright. smiling 

@Fellwalker grin What's wrong with hoodies?!

Message 38 of 200

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I dont post much on the forum but lurk everyday because i am like a nosy neighbour dont like to miss whats happening smiling

When i do post on the forum i normally need help after trying to solve the issue first myself .

@MI5must sit there scratching his head when i post especially if i have a phone problem Crazy LOL

But wether its him or one of the other members i know i can come on this forum and find the answer to my problem or even post a picture now i can. Found this out at Christmas when i posted my girl Poppy dog

I post on other forums asking for help but they not lovely like this one i have in the past deleted my posts because of the nasty comments . Dont like nasty folk. 

I am a large please Wave

Happy New Year to all the members on this wonderful forum slight_smile

Message 39 of 200

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
All good thanks @Marjo. Missed being around - just had other priorities that needed my attention.
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 40 of 200