Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lego - Fun to share, great to stare

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Well, since @Anonymous put a spotlight on my one hobby that doesn't require electricity (with exception of the train tracks, which is for another post) and gets me hopping about (in excitement or pain)*, I've decided to start a little Lego topic here for us all to post photos of our creations - from the instructions or from our own minds... actually, thinking about it, perhaps we need to start a poster-exclusion list now - I've read the rumours thread, you know.  

So, welcome to the Lego Topic - a place for the creative person in all of us to look, to enjoy, to share, to dribble over**, to contribute, to suggest, to.... something or other... just make sure you clean up after yourself.

More info
*I need to order some thick slippers for Christmas, I think. Or, you know, clean up after myself.

**Of course dribbling is allowed - this isn't a branch of Dixons, you know.

Lego Table V2 (yes, there was a Version 1)

Car showroom

Cafe

Table

Cafe and flats

Access stairs

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Only one sentence @Daddydoink

'Patience of a saint springs to mind'......Jaw-dropping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 132

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

PS...that post above is in no way negative you understand....Just no idea how you do that. I was never any good at lego with my sons. Patience was never my forte you see...all my lego builds just came out wonky and fell over...Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 132

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is amazing @Daddydoink! How much space is that hobby taking though? I thought my scrapbooking and acrylic painting was intrusive enough...you must have a lot of space to have all the little houses built up...

One question...is that a man dressed as a sausage or am I dreaming???

Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 13.14.44.png

Message 4 of 132

Daddydoink
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This is amazing @Daddydoink! How much space is that hobby taking though? I thought my scrapbooking and acrylic painting was intrusive enough...you must have a lot of space to have all the little houses built up...

One question...is that a man dressed as a sausage or am I dreaming???

Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 13.14.44.png

He is - He's a Hotdog man, who undertakes promotional work for the cafe he's stood outside of.   Glad you like it @Anonymous

@Cleoriff wrote:

Only one sentence @Daddydoink

'Patience of a saint springs to mind'......Jaw-dropping

No negative intent read, @Cleoriff.  It didn't spring up overnight though - its taken a couple of months a bit of input from the children.

Couple more pics:

Outside the Cafe

What a handsome Lego Photographer there wink

Inside the Bathrom

(I left the seat up!)

Messy kitchen

Sony Xperia XZ
Message 5 of 132

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

PS...that post above is in no way negative you understand....Just no idea how you do that. I was never any good at lego with my sons. Patience was never my forte you see...all my lego builds just came out wonky and fell over...Rolleys

Betcha was good at Scalectrix tho' @Cleoriff with your love of & understanding of F1 

I did like lego, so did my mum, btw I was useless at 'playing cars' & I am not known for my patience with much of anything wink

Great topic @Daddydoink

PS: only a short few years ago was Drool in the toy shop window, Millennium Falcon, even asked my son, in his 20's if he'd like it for Christmas slight_smile

Message 6 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Mmmmmm...I have been known to cheat at Scalextric Jane. I hear it has now gone digital though.....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 132

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to see @Daddydoink!

Do you just use City stuff, or do you ever delve into the film/comic-inspired sets?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 132

Daddydoink
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I like Scalectrix too - and the trains, actually... that's another topic for me altogether though!

I'm very lucky that the children love the lego - although they want me to build up some more trains, which means I need to get some more bricks...!

@Toby - I use whatever bricks we have - I don't get into the brands and comic-inspired stuff, although I have been known to use the odd bits with the buildings we have.  I like building things that the children want to play with though, as it tends to stand the test of time then.

Here's some pics of the old Lego table and a train we built:

Lego Table V1Lego Train

Sony Xperia XZ
Message 9 of 132

Anonymous
Not applicable

the trains on lego run on electricity or are for display only? Interested as my dad in law is a big fan of miniatures and he'll probably ask Shocked

Message 10 of 132