Happy New Year and Thank You for 2017!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello everyone, happy Friday!

How has this year gone by so fast? open_mouth

2018 is almost here so we wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you, from everyone in the Community Team, for all your help and support over the past year. We have very much enjoyed being here on the forum with you all and are looking forward to it in 2018 too. smiling 

Achievements infographic

To celebrate these great achievements from all of you added together, which are worth highlighting and being proud of, we are happy to confirm that we got 20 O2-themed hoodies to give away!! nerd

If you'd like one (or if you don't, we still love to see you posting!), please reply in this topic to the question below. We will choose 20 quotes to receive a hoodie as a thank you for being part of our community.

--> UPDATE: The competition element for this topic has now closed. Thanks all for your participation. 

We have the winners for the 20 hoodies!

See the list below, and if you find yourself on it, please send me a Private Message with your address (with your size if you haven't mentioned it yet) so we can send you the hoodie. thumbsup

More info

What has been the best thing for you about being part of the O2 community?

(Also, please include a hoodie size in your reply, or if you'd prefer, PM me with it - this will help with preparing the hoodies quicker).

party party party party party party party

Happy New Year everyone!

party party party party party party party

Message 1 of 200
199 REPLIES 199

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
For me the best thing is the spirit of the community and how we all support each other and customers with the problems they face.
Even though we aren't customer service, we do fill a void and we can deflect a lot of the calls that CS would get, thus supporting the O2 family in its entirety.
PS. I'll need the largest hoodie you've got wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 200

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35049 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

The best thing from my perspective has been being able to get on the inside track of things happening with the company I use as my mobile service provider of choice. A lot of very knowledgeable people in the Community all help to keep me "in the know", and between the rails generally. Thank you all.

(and the chance to win a Large hoodie, too ;P)

Message 3 of 200

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

For me it's simply being here. helping a few people and loving the banter and rapport with members. More importantly, it's continually learning new stuff.

PS I don't need a hoodie. (Still got the last one )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 200

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

You all have made the year 2017 so wonderful for me... I cannot thank you enough for bringing me so much. You guys are Fantastic 

I wish you all a very happy new year heart_eyeskissing_heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it’s being involved with a community spirit & giving my helpful knowledge of what I enjoy & trying to help where I can. I have also made many friends over the time I have been in the community & seen many new developments

Message 6 of 200

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Happy New Year everybody! Hug

The community spirit here is fantastic, something which is sorely lacking in so many online communities. Even in the face of adversity (and there's been a fair bit of that over the past 12 months!) everybody has each other's backs, always happy to lend a helping hand and offer words of encouragement. It's an amazing place, and makes me proud to be part of the community and the wider O2 family. smiling

For me 2017 has been an absolute cracker of a year - coming after a run that was not so great, it's been the year where I've really rediscovered myself and my love for life. yahoo

If there's a hoody available, I'd be an XL or an XXL please (probably the latter after Christmas overindulgence rolling_eyes)

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 7 of 200

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it's being part of a community where I can ask tech questions & make friends cat

Like @Cleoriff I have & wear my previous O2 hoodie, thank you slight_smile

Message 8 of 200

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
This is a great place to provide or receive help without judgement on what you know or who you are.
Being able to help others provides a nice feeling, be that through a reply or a guide.
Plus some of the off topic posts are hilarious. Others a little disturbing. I mean, who has a whole wardrobe of Christmas jumpers/outfits?

For me, either an XL or XXL i believe...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 200

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I don't want to dwell on this and as you all know it's been a horrendous traumatic year which I will be glad to see the back of. Eleven months of it was spent in hospital and I was absent for a couple of months but I was able to read the messages wishing me well and giving me much needed support.

To me this is what a community is all about and I have some good  friends that I've met on here. Apart from that particular thread to which I'm referring there are a number who have kept in contact throughout the year by private messages both here and H4M. 

Two particular community members are partly responsible for me being alive and I give my everlasting gratitude. They know who they are but I'm giving them a mention, hopefully not embarrassing them but just so that the community knows how it can bring people together and to become good friends. So, @Cleoriff@@Anonymous thank you so much for your continuing support despite your own circumstances. Another personal friend who I've met up with a number of times and who came to stay with me for a week that I'm going to mention is a member known to many @perksie who no longer posts due to ill health. He even made the trip from Yorkshire to come and cheer me up in hospital and wheel me to the pub. Thank you my friend and I hope 2018 is a better year for all three.

This is the way a community works. There are so many good people on here, too many to mention. Some recent new members have become welcome regulars here too.

Unfortunately next year is going to be even harder for me. I've not seen my wife for 7 months and despite daily communication and regular video calls, I'm hurting all the more because it could be months before I'm well enough to get back home to Thailand and just hold her. I was discharged from hospital three days before Christmas and moved into a home that I had never seen, in a strange little village where I know only my son. So yes it's going to be tough. I am getting help from the necessary services but I'm telling you all this because this community has been a tremendous help to me over the years but particularly this year.

Thank you to admin too for your personal messages of support and I wish them and each and every community member a very happy New Year and may 2018 bring you health, wealth and happiness.

Edit to add if I'm lucky enough then I'm a L (I'm only medium at the moment but everyone is trying to fatten me up...with much to my disgust, a little success!)

Message 10 of 200