Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Reply
Posts: 7,795
Topics: 74
Kudos: 875
Blog Posts: 1
Registered: ‎22-08-2016

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes @Glory1 watched it and loved it.. 

 

It’s great that a current programme is using current affairs to propel itself.. 

 

btw love Dr Blake, about to start Miss Fisher..

 

Neighbours & Home & Away aside.. yes Oz tv has improved.. although I do miss Sons & Daughters, The Young Doctors & Richmond Hill


Yes, I love how current The Good Fight is, even the storylines about police brutality and 'dirty' cops' is current. But the Trump storyline was ace, particularly as he's being sued by a p**n star.

 

And never having watched Neighbours and Home and Away, I will refrain from comment as it wouldn't be fair. The only soaps I watch are Doctors and Hollyoaks which I enjoy. Used to watch Eastenders and Corrie but got bored with both.

 

Don't think I saw the 3 Oz shows you mention but I admit I'm quite enjoying the current crop of shows. Apart from the storylines of Miss Fisher's Mysteries, I love the women's fashions from the 20s and the music. I'm a fan of 20s Jazz. The Heart Doctor on Drama is a new one and so far am enjoying it.

 

Btw Dr Blake is back on BBC1 after Doctors from next Monday (2:15pm).

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using a Samsung S10 Plus

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon

@jonsie I don’t use a helmet cam. It’s a 1000 lumen moon light. 

 

For night riding you have a bar light to light up the general area in front of you.. and a helmet light, to light where your eyes are looking, usually 10+ metres ahead.. If you’re looking any closer then it’s something you’re going to hit anyway, so no use in worrying.

 

a camera would be great.. especially for the times I’ve been knocked off, and for some of the wildlife I see along the way.. but to get a good one with a decent battery costs far too much.. maybe after a lottery win!! 

Posts: 63,701
Topics: 530
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon


@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie I don’t use a helmet cam. It’s a 1000 lumen moon light. 

 

For night riding you have a bar light to light up the general area in front of you.. and a helmet light, to light where your eyes are looking, usually 10+ metres ahead.. If you’re looking any closer then it’s something you’re going to hit anyway, so no use in worrying.

 

a camera would be great.. especially for the times I’ve been knocked off, and for some of the wildlife I see along the way.. but to get a good one with a decent battery costs far too much.. maybe after a lottery win!! 


....in which cae I wish you luck in Saturday's draw fingers crossed

Posts: 62,937
Topics: 649
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon

The Doctor Blake Mysteries returning on Monday is a repeat from 2017 (Series 5) @Glory1 and @Anonymous

I understood that Craig McLachlan was sacked or suspended earlier this year due to claims of sexual harrassment and bullying (not proven)

The new series, set to return later this year, will be rebranded as The Blake Mysteries, with the remainder of the cast carrying on as before and most of the action based round the housekeeper Jean

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/doctor-blake-mysteries-to-return-without-craig-mclachlan-20180420-p4zapf.html

*The Game Is On*


Posts: 7,795
Topics: 74
Kudos: 875
Blog Posts: 1
Registered: ‎22-08-2016

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon


@Cleoriff wrote:

The Doctor Blake Mysteries returning on Monday is a repeat from 2017 (Series 5) @Glory1 and @Anonymous

I understood that Craig McLachlan was sacked or suspended earlier this year due to claims of sexual harrassment and bullying (not proven)

The new series, set to return later this year, will be rebranded as The Blake Mysteries, with the remainder of the cast carrying on as before and most of the action based round the housekeeper Jean

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/doctor-blake-mysteries-to-return-without-craig-mclachlan-20180420-p4zapf.html


Thank you @Cleoriff. I thought it was a new series filmed before the accusation of sexual harrassment and bullying made against Craig MacLachlan reared its ugly head. And he was suspended/sacked. One less recording for me to fit in.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using a Samsung S10 Plus

Posts: 9,134
Topics: 232
Kudos: 299
Registered: ‎11-01-2014

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon

@Anonymous ... you mention you're from Leeds ... I was born & bred in West Yorkshire

Yay ! ... YOU'RE A YORKSHIREMAN !!! ... Mexican Wave Bouncy Mexican Wave

It is said = You can take the man out of Yorkshire ... but ... You can't take Yorkshire out of the man Smiley Wink

Living in Sherwood Forest sounds just fab ... may I ask what took you to move from 'God's Own County / God's Green Acre ?'

I too like(d) the Auzzie tv series 'The Young Doctors'

 

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*



I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Posts: 62,937
Topics: 649
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon

Yes I thought it was rather weird.

I know if something is new, it tends to have that word emablazoned across the TV listings. The fact it wasn't made me look closely. Not wishing to get into the rights and wrongs of these accusations, which started when he appeared in the Rocky Horror Show, nothing was ever proven.

The one to appear later this year will be fimed with the show 'three years after the end of series 5'. It will be a 90 minute telemovie....

*The Game Is On*


Posts: 7,795
Topics: 74
Kudos: 875
Blog Posts: 1
Registered: ‎22-08-2016

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon


@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes I thought it was rather weird.

I know if something is new, it tends to have that word emablazoned across the TV listings. The fact it wasn't made me look closely. Not wishing to get into the rights and wrongs of these accusations, which started when he appeared in the Rocky Horror Show, nothing was ever proven.

The one to appear later this year will be fimed with the show 'three years after the end of series 5'. It will be a 90 minute telemovie....


I no longer get a TV magazine as I rely on my TVs EPG which I check daily to see what's on. When I saw the Dr Blake Mysteries on from Monday, I just assumed it was a new series.

 

That's what I like about ITV, Channel 4 and all the other channels, they actually indicate a new show. So if I don't see the word 'new' I know it's a repeat. I never remember the season number I've  already watched on a long running series; seeing season 5 in the information for Dr Blake meant nothing to me. So I'm grateful for your heads up @Cleoriff

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using a Samsung S10 Plus

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon

Not my choice @WispaRed7 the olds moved down here before I knew what was what! I try to get back there as often as possible but these days.. that’s not much..

 

Try to watch #LUFC as well.. only twice this season tho.. :-(

Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon

Just want to say a big thanks to ET for asking me to kick off the new season of Spotlight and to everyone who participated!

I can’t wait to probe you guys and gals!