Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight - Curmudgeon

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone!

It's time for the first Community Spotlight of the year, and today we'll be learning more about ... Drum

Curmudgeon bulb

Since he joined the forum last November, he has become a regular contributor around here. He answered a few of our questions to help you guys get to know him better but you can ask him some more in the below if you're curious about anything wink

What’s your name and where are you from?

Leigh from Leeds, but I now live in The Midlands

Why did you join the O2 forum initially?

To find out about the network, it’s strengths, weaknesses & info on the Moto G5 I bought on a Black Friday deal

What do you like best about the Community?

@Glory1 because they too are a Good Wife / Good Fight fan!

Apple, Android or Windows?

Apple for phone, Android for tv shows (Metal Mickey anyone?) and Windows for a 90s gaming pc.. (Red Alert & Carmageddon) 

Favourite movie and/or TV Show?

Movies - Mary Poppins / The Sound of Music / Victor/Victoria 

TV - Wentworth Prison / Prisoner Cell Block H / The Good Fight 

Do you have any pets?

I’d love a pet, but with the amount of time I spend out of the house it would be unfair to leave him/her alone.

What is your favourite word?

GRIM

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

Trip you up and leave you!  

What is your perfect pizza like?

Pepperoni, Chorizo and extra cheese please! 

Future developments in mobile tech you’re looking forward to?

I’m not looking forward to anything really. I just sit here amazed at the things people invent, but then find myself wondering why such simple ideas weren’t thought up &/or implemented sooner!

What do you like to do in your spare time, besides hanging out around here?

After getting rid of my car 11 years ago I began walking everywhere, but with dodgy feet I turned to biking instead.

I bought a hybrid for £65 from a friend. Covering 8000 miles in my first year meant I needed to save for a Road Bike, which I did. Up until last year I was accident free(near enough) but after 3 consecutive months of offs & a stay in hospital, I swapped it for an ex hire mountain bike. It took me a few months to outgrow that and now I’m currently waiting for my Cube Acid 2018 to be invisi-framed & built ready for my 1st reliability trial in June & a few off road races over the summer!

My other passion.. music.. it’s on 24/7. Madonna, Muse, Bette Midler, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Steps, The 80s & 90s ..but none of that stuff the kids of today call music.. ugh .. 

Awesome stuff, thanks again @Curmudgeon for your answers!

Feel free to say hi or ask any follow-up questions in the comments, and have a lovely weekend everyone slight smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 107
106 REPLIES 106

Anonymous
Not applicable

Invisiframe is just a transparent vinyl film added to your frame to help prevent scratches and chips. Just like sticking a screen protector on your phone.. just more expensive & even more annoying to apply!

I’m colour blind so individual colours don’t mean that much to me!

I really lack concentration and find the art of reading boring. I can’t say I’ve really read anything since school apart from Danny The Champion of the World. Roald Dahl was a genius!

Livery.. ooo fab question.. I’m not sure.. but what I would like is some of those little name / country tags you see the professionals have on their bikes and helmets. (A bit pretentious for a casual rider like me!) 

Message 11 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous for answering my question on invisiframe ... you learn something new every day, don't you slight_smile

I'm sorry to have mentioned colours ... I didn't know you were colour blind ... I apologise for my clumbsyness & hope I've not caused you any embarassment slight_frown

Could you post a pic of those name / country tags the professionals have on their bikes & helmets?

Message 12 of 107

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Welcome @Anonymous and I feel honoured, and slightly embarrassed, that I'm what you like best about the community. Thank you.

I see you also like Wentworth Prison and Prisoner Cell Block H (dogy sets and all). I'm a fan of both shows. I think the actress they have playing the freak in Wentworth Prison is better than the original in PCBH. She's far more scary and crazy.

We have similar tastes in music, though I do admit loving some of the new music around today, like RagnBone Man. His album Human is my favourite at the moment, and I play it a lot. Like you I love music and couldn't live without it. My tastes range from classical to rap and everything in-between. And, yes, I do like country music. I grew up watching the Grand Old Opry every week with my mum. It's still the biggest live TV show for country music.

My taste in films is a bit different to yours but you have chosen some classics.

It was very interesting to get to know you better. And I don't think you're a curmudgeon at all 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous No clumsiness on your part & definitely no embarrassment here! 

Thats what spotlight is for.. to learn more about people!

a Chris Froome sticker! 

C6989433-1D95-4083-A6D0-DDFF56ADF7B8.jpeg

Message 14 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 Sorry for the embarrassment..  but we have our own little corner of the forum.. how could I not mention you! 

I think villains in the old days weren’t allowed to be ‘scary’  just imply that they were. I think without the old Joan as a template this new Freak wouldn’t be as good as she is!

thank you for sharing your tastes too!

Hearing Opry makes me smile.. my grandad was born on the same day it started (28/11/1925) he used to say ‘I’m just as old as the Grand Ole Opry but you never call me Grand Ole Grandad! Silly old fool he was! 

Message 15 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous you say you're a casual rider ... where are your favourite places to go biking?

Before my son & his then fiance's mountain bikes were stolen ... they loved going to the Peak District, on a weekend, with their bikes & a picnic, they live in Leeds

Thank you for posting the Chris Froome & Union Jack sticker pic ... slight_smile

Message 16 of 107

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Glory1 Sorry for the embarrassment..  but we have our own little corner of the forum.. how could I not mention you! 

I think villains in the old days weren’t allowed to be ‘scary’  just imply that they were. I think without the old Joan as a template this new Freak wouldn’t be as good as she is!

thank you for sharing your tastes too!

Hearing Opry makes me smile.. my grandad was born on the same day it started (28/11/1925) he used to say ‘I’m just as old as the Grand Ole Opry but you never call me Grand Ole Grandad! Silly old fool he was! 

Yes we do have our own little corner of the community and I do thank you and appreciate the mention, embarrassment aside laughing

Interesting fact that your grandad was born the day Opry started. Amazing the Opry is still going strong 90+ years later. Can't think of any music show that's lasted so long; certainly not a live one. 

And I totally agree the original Joan was a template for the newer version. Australian TV in general has improved tremendously over the years. Some good TV has come out like The Heart Doctor, A Place to Call Home, The Doctor Blake Mysteries, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries just to name a few. Nothing like Wentworth which is unique, gripping and must-see TV for me. Can't wait for the new season to see what happens next.

And have you watched the latest Good Fight episode yet and what did you think? As an American who hates Trump I found it amusing, very plausible with what's being reported in the news and particularly liked the the ending LOL

Message 17 of 107

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35053 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Just noticed, you're in the front-page Banner too! clapper

20**Personal info** 21_12_04-O2 Community Forum.png

Message 18 of 107

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122132 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

WOW..... @Anonymous is BIG news....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 107

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Nice one @Anonymous and so you should br.

Message 20 of 107