Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight - Curmudgeon

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy Friday everyone!

It's time for the first Community Spotlight of the year, and today we'll be learning more about ... Drum

Curmudgeon bulb

Since he joined the forum last November, he has become a regular contributor around here. He answered a few of our questions to help you guys get to know him better but you can ask him some more in the below if you're curious about anything wink

What’s your name and where are you from?

Leigh from Leeds, but I now live in The Midlands

Why did you join the O2 forum initially?

To find out about the network, it’s strengths, weaknesses & info on the Moto G5 I bought on a Black Friday deal

What do you like best about the Community?

@Glory1 because they too are a Good Wife / Good Fight fan!

Apple, Android or Windows?

Apple for phone, Android for tv shows (Metal Mickey anyone?) and Windows for a 90s gaming pc.. (Red Alert & Carmageddon) 

Favourite movie and/or TV Show?

Movies - Mary Poppins / The Sound of Music / Victor/Victoria 

TV - Wentworth Prison / Prisoner Cell Block H / The Good Fight 

Do you have any pets?

I’d love a pet, but with the amount of time I spend out of the house it would be unfair to leave him/her alone.

What is your favourite word?

GRIM

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

Trip you up and leave you!  

What is your perfect pizza like?

Pepperoni, Chorizo and extra cheese please! 

Future developments in mobile tech you’re looking forward to?

I’m not looking forward to anything really. I just sit here amazed at the things people invent, but then find myself wondering why such simple ideas weren’t thought up &/or implemented sooner!

What do you like to do in your spare time, besides hanging out around here?

After getting rid of my car 11 years ago I began walking everywhere, but with dodgy feet I turned to biking instead.

I bought a hybrid for £65 from a friend. Covering 8000 miles in my first year meant I needed to save for a Road Bike, which I did. Up until last year I was accident free(near enough) but after 3 consecutive months of offs & a stay in hospital, I swapped it for an ex hire mountain bike. It took me a few months to outgrow that and now I’m currently waiting for my Cube Acid 2018 to be invisi-framed & built ready for my 1st reliability trial in June & a few off road races over the summer!

My other passion.. music.. it’s on 24/7. Madonna, Muse, Bette Midler, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Steps, The 80s & 90s ..but none of that stuff the kids of today call music.. ugh .. 

Awesome stuff, thanks again @Curmudgeon for your answers!

Feel free to say hi or ask any follow-up questions in the comments, and have a lovely weekend everyone slight smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 107
106 REPLIES 106

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes @Glory1 watched it and loved it.. 

It’s great that a current programme is using current affairs to propel itself.. 

btw love Dr Blake, about to start Miss Fisher..

Neighbours & Home & Away aside.. yes Oz tv has improved.. although I do miss Sons & Daughters, The Young Doctors & Richmond Hill

Yes, I love how current The Good Fight is, even the storylines about police brutality and 'dirty' cops' is current. But the Trump storyline was ace, particularly as he's being sued by a p**n star.

And never having watched Neighbours and Home and Away, I will refrain from comment as it wouldn't be fair. The only soaps I watch are Doctors and Hollyoaks which I enjoy. Used to watch Eastenders and Corrie but got bored with both.

Don't think I saw the 3 Oz shows you mention but I admit I'm quite enjoying the current crop of shows. Apart from the storylines of Miss Fisher's Mysteries, I love the women's fashions from the 20s and the music. I'm a fan of 20s Jazz. The Heart Doctor on Drama is a new one and so far am enjoying it.

Btw Dr Blake is back on BBC1 after Doctors from next Monday (2:15pm).

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 31 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie I don’t use a helmet cam. It’s a 1000 lumen moon light. 

For night riding you have a bar light to light up the general area in front of you.. and a helmet light, to light where your eyes are looking, usually 10+ metres ahead.. If you’re looking any closer then it’s something you’re going to hit anyway, so no use in worrying.

a camera would be great.. especially for the times I’ve been knocked off, and for some of the wildlife I see along the way.. but to get a good one with a decent battery costs far too much.. maybe after a lottery win!! 

Message 32 of 107

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie I don’t use a helmet cam. It’s a 1000 lumen moon light. 

For night riding you have a bar light to light up the general area in front of you.. and a helmet light, to light where your eyes are looking, usually 10+ metres ahead.. If you’re looking any closer then it’s something you’re going to hit anyway, so no use in worrying.

a camera would be great.. especially for the times I’ve been knocked off, and for some of the wildlife I see along the way.. but to get a good one with a decent battery costs far too much.. maybe after a lottery win!! 

....in which cae I wish you luck in Saturday's draw fingers_crossed

Message 33 of 107

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Doctor Blake Mysteries returning on Monday is a repeat from 2017 (Series 5) @Glory1 and @Anonymous

I understood that Craig McLachlan was sacked or suspended earlier this year due to claims of sexual harrassment and bullying (not proven)

The new series, set to return later this year, will be rebranded as The Blake Mysteries, with the remainder of the cast carrying on as before and most of the action based round the housekeeper Jean

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/doctor-blake-mysteries-to-return-without-craig-mclachlan-20180420-p4zapf.html

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 107

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The Doctor Blake Mysteries returning on Monday is a repeat from 2017 (Series 5) @Glory1 and @Anonymous

I understood that Craig McLachlan was sacked or suspended earlier this year due to claims of sexual harrassment and bullying (not proven)

The new series, set to return later this year, will be rebranded as The Blake Mysteries, with the remainder of the cast carrying on as before and most of the action based round the housekeeper Jean

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/doctor-blake-mysteries-to-return-without-craig-mclachlan-20180420-p4zapf.html

Thank you @Cleoriff. I thought it was a new series filmed before the accusation of sexual harrassment and bullying made against Craig MacLachlan reared its ugly head. And he was suspended/sacked. One less recording for me to fit in.

Message 35 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous ... you mention you're from Leeds ... I was born & bred in West Yorkshire

Yay ! ... YOU'RE A YORKSHIREMAN !!! ... Mexican Wave Bouncy Mexican Wave

It is said = You can take the man out of Yorkshire ... but ... You can't take Yorkshire out of the man wink

Living in Sherwood Forest sounds just fab ... may I ask what took you to move from 'God's Own County / God's Green Acre ?'

I too like(d) the Auzzie tv series 'The Young Doctors'

Message 36 of 107

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes I thought it was rather weird.

I know if something is new, it tends to have that word emablazoned across the TV listings. The fact it wasn't made me look closely. Not wishing to get into the rights and wrongs of these accusations, which started when he appeared in the Rocky Horror Show, nothing was ever proven.

The one to appear later this year will be fimed with the show 'three years after the end of series 5'. It will be a 90 minute telemovie....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 107

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes I thought it was rather weird.

I know if something is new, it tends to have that word emablazoned across the TV listings. The fact it wasn't made me look closely. Not wishing to get into the rights and wrongs of these accusations, which started when he appeared in the Rocky Horror Show, nothing was ever proven.

The one to appear later this year will be fimed with the show 'three years after the end of series 5'. It will be a 90 minute telemovie....

I no longer get a TV magazine as I rely on my TVs EPG which I check daily to see what's on. When I saw the Dr Blake Mysteries on from Monday, I just assumed it was a new series.

That's what I like about ITV, Channel 4 and all the other channels, they actually indicate a new show. So if I don't see the word 'new' I know it's a repeat. I never remember the season number I've  already watched on a long running series; seeing season 5 in the information for Dr Blake meant nothing to me. So I'm grateful for your heads up @Cleoriff

Message 38 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not my choice @Anonymous the olds moved down here before I knew what was what! I try to get back there as often as possible but these days.. that’s not much..

Try to watch #LUFC as well.. only twice this season tho.. 😞

Message 39 of 107

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just want to say a big thanks to ET for asking me to kick off the new season of Spotlight and to everyone who participated!

I can’t wait to probe you guys and gals!
Message 40 of 107