Did you mean: 

Community Rewards: January 2023

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi everyone,

January is a wrap and it's already time for another round of rewards. We know you've all been waiting with bated breath for November and December rewards to appear on your bill and they are coming soon along with these from January. 

Well done to everyone who's mentioned below!

Every month we reward members who have been extra helpful in the O2 community, those who took their time to participate on the community and that helped keeping it a fun place to be. 

And as we appreciate your contributions to the community, we would like to credit your next bill or PAYG balance.

Below there’s a list with all rewarded members (it continues on my next reply). If you're on the list, please click my name above and send me a private message with the mobile number you'd like credited, and I'll let you know your reward. 

@Adam19782022, @Adders89, @adg461, @aejb, @Ahextall, @amh15, @Angel4, @AppleFanBoy1983, @Arnie440, @Bambino, @BeloBe, @BenP, @bentomsett, @biscuits99, @BizBaz, @Bop1, @chris19191, @Cleoriff, @Comben, @Craigston, @darrenney02, @Davycrocket, @Deb_buzz, @DebsK3, @Dutch, @Earlofdon, @Ed11, @Elainye, @Enlli, @FAsh, @FiFiP, @GBates73, @GemH, @gmarkj, @GregMcLeod93, @Grenadine_73, @Hammertime, @Help123, @Img23, @Iphone-AJC2023, @J9el, @jamieleewv1, @Jasoon, @Jay77216, @Jchappy, @Jimjims89, @JJsteward999, @Joella, @JonBott, @jonsie, @JP87, @Justin23, @JustTheDab, @Kano, @Anonymous, @Kvs, @LaraJane, @Leonora7, @LJM, @LOADSACHI, @Luke_Davis, @madasaf1sh, @mark1999, @Maspiers, @MattWilko, @Maxxx, @MCE356, @Mi-Amigo, @MI5, @michaelleahcim, @Mjc66, @MM22, @MrsKirbs, @NAGL, @NJRumney, @norm86, @Norrie49@PaulD2, @pedrot, @pgn, @PieMike, @Pipstop78, @Priesto, @Rasenna, @RichK, @rky_com, @Rooney, @RunrigForever, @Ruswit, @Ruth_Parf, @samwardill, @SIKECA72, @Smurf, @SouthofHumber, @Squiglet, @TallTrees, @Thargoid

Thank you one and all!! The list continues on the comments below.

More info:

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10697 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

Think its just sheer lack of interest from o2 to process them.. 

As it will be a back office process...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 31 of 74

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

My take on this...

It's a lot bigger process than it needs to be which is why it take so long

When you look at the sheer number of rewards, why is it necessary to reward EVERYONE who makes a post just once?

There is no real incentive for them to become regular members who contribute merely to make a complaint

Just how many new members post on a regular basis and assist in the day to day continuity of the forum

Just because you come on here once a year to moan about not getting your shiny new toy on launch day or the fact that you haven't received your phone because O2 invariably has no stock, does that mean you are entitled to a reward.

No, sorry but you are NOT!

DEFINITELY NOT!

Come back regularly and contribute then YES but again sorry, no reward because you want to complain and can't get through to customer service

I can count on one hand those valuable members in the last few months who haver come back regularly and joined in with the whole community experience. Those, to me, should only then qualify for rewards

Sorry but too many people getting paid out when there are probably only around a dozen REGULAR POSTERS keeping this community as a very much under-valued extension of customer service

Message 32 of 74

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Well said @jonsie.

I totally agree. I too find it ludicrous that the community rewards people who come here once  to tell us they've had  enough of O2 and want to cancel their contract, or moan about not getting a device on time.

There's no point in rewarding those people at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 74

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23562 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

Totally agree with @jonsie and @Cleoriff. Sheer incompetence on O2's side to not be able to receive the measly crumbs they throw us. The survey popup also continues (just happened in the middle of typing this), and getting logged off is a regular occurrence as well. The thought of quitting this completely comes more to the fore every day.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 34 of 74

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10697 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

Have to agree with @jonsie and @Cleoriff 

I too have thought about just giving up with all the constant pop ups, the lack of transparency about the rewards, it feels like a cut and paste excercise sometimes rather than trying to help people.

And I agree, there are about a dozen regulars on here who keep this place going and helping o2's customers.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 35 of 74

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37286 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

#MeToo - what   @jonsie    @madasaf1sh  and  @Cleoriff  said.

And doubly what @Bambino said: popups all over the shop (one actually lost me an answer recently!) and (as with this post) having to keep logging in several times a day...

Message 36 of 74

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I understand the delay is frustrating and trust us, we feel the same way too. We’re currently in the midst of a perfect storm in regards to the rewards due to some recent staffing changes within the team that handles the reward credits. Pair that with the fact it's the same team who are behind our Social Media customer services and that we're in the middle of an extremely busy period - this is what has caused the delays in applying the rewards, but we assure you, we have not forgot about them and we WILL get them applied.

Our intention is to apply all credits due, in bulk, so as not to cause further delays to the rewards you are owed. So for example if you were due 3 x £2.50 credits, you'd see a single £7.50 credit applied. Our hope and intention at present is to complete these before the end of the month and we truly do apologise for the delay.

We can confirm 100% that the delay is not related to the recent '360' platform changes we recently announced on the Community. We promise you this is purely a resource issue on our side and not a technical one.

The community rewards are separate from Airtime rewards which is why you can still claim those whilst the community rewards are still outstanding. 

As a lot of you know the rewards are calculated using a formula based on community activity. This has been tweaked may times over the years to ensure fairness. We deliberately have a low entry to the bottom level of the rewards as even asking a question generates activity on the community which generates solutions which then help visitors get answers to their questions. This is something that we review regularly and if we think that the lower level is being given out to the wrong people or too many people we can adjust it. Under normal conditions the number of rewards being given out is more than manageable however due to the reasons stated above there are currently delays. 

Suggestions on tweaking or changing the reward system are always welcome so please feel free to contact me directly or start a new topic if you have some thoughts on this. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 37 of 74

Trevos
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 422 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I´m happy to have the 17.3% price rise from April waivered instead, if that makes it easier 😉

S21 (o2); Lenovo Yoga Chromebook C630 15.6 Inch UHD ( Intel Core i7-8550U, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD ); Fire HD 10 Plus tablet; Gigaclear 500mbps
Message 38 of 74

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Trevos wrote:

I´m happy to have the 17.3% price rise from April waivered instead, if that makes it easier 😉

Love it @Trevos 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 74

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

😅 I think that decision would be a bit above my pay grade @Trevos!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 40 of 74