• 93353 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7170 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

Cancelling your Direct Debit is the last thing you should do. If you have outstanding payments it could put a default on your Credit File

As this is a Volt package you will also need to contact Virgin Media. If you intend to stay with them you need to renegotiate your contract as the prices you are paying are depending on you having Volt

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 14

AlexanderMTTH
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 76 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

By all means, do not cancel your Direct Debit. The impact on your borrowing will be unnecessary huge and it will solve absolutely nothing, as that's not how contracts work. Call Virgin Media and speak to them. Cancel the contract, and then deal with the payment. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Message 4 of 14

RustyTrike
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Enlii,

I signed up to Volt on 26 Sept and I've been charged £12 today by O2 for part of my Volt package, but I haven't received a SIM from O2. I'd like to cancel the O2 part and stop all future payments but the O2 website won't let me register an account, but says my email address is already registered, when I request a password reset link, I received an email, but when I click the link it says: 

Oops! There's a problem Your O2 Account has not been activated.

I seem to be stuck. Can you advise how I can cancel all future payments before the 14 days is up? (I'll keep the Virgin element, but am prepared to lose the Volt benefits)

Message 5 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93353 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7170 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

Just be aware that your Virgin package will probably go up in price. Be prepared for hard bargaining. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 14

RustyTrike
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Jonsie and Enlii,

All the cancellation guidance assumes I have an activated O2 account or SIM, but I have neither. Any advice how to solve this and cancel the contract before I get stung?

Message 8 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93353 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

If you have been charged £12 then it must have been charged against a mobile number

Use that number that you will need to cancel because as far as O2 are concerned, the number is active

Message 9 of 14

RustyTrike
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Jonsie,

Thanks, but I don't have an O2 SIM or number, just a Virgin Mobile SIM paid totally separately.

Message 10 of 14